RomNick said:
Do you know Vincent Waller visits the episodes' topics and could be offended by thing you might call "brutal honesty"?
w5icfcC.gif

oh my god, you are such a jerk.

If you really think he's a disrespectful man like yourself to people who are allowed to hate or dislike whatever, you must be dead wrong.

Dr. WhoBob said:
oh my god, you are such a jerk.

If you really think he's a disrespectful man like yourself to people who are allowed to hate or dislike whatever, you must be dead wrong.
Not to start an argument or anything but, Vincent Waller actually does get offended by things like that. I've seen on his twitter of him getting offended by people criticizing SpongeBob, and some of it wasn't harsh at all. And no one's calling Vincent disrespectful either.

Smitty said:
Not to start an argument or anything but, Vincent Waller actually does get offended by things like that. I've seen on his twitter of him getting offended by people criticizing SpongeBob, and some of it wasn't harsh at all. And no one's calling Vincent disrespectful either.
if that's true or false, still yellow has right to tell whatever opinion he has.

Hi Folks, I have certain rules for direct communication with me on my twitter feed. Meaning you should keep it polite. Don't say anything to me, that you wouldn't be comfortable saying to me in person. Saying no offense, before saying something offensive, doesn't make the offensive thing less offensive.
While I think, that is how the internet should work, I am very aware it isn't how it functions. When folks can hide behind the mask anonymity, it tends to bring out the worst.
These rules obviously don't apply to any internet feed that isn't my own.
While I might be offended by some harsh critics here, I fully recognize your right to have those opinions.

Gotta say, I was disappointed with the episode. While the montage was funny and the sleepover was cute, the rest of this was lackluster. Many of the jokes didn't work that well for me and the ending wasn't that great. I wanted Squid to win, but nope, he loses once again. I was expecting something better from Kaz, but in the end this was his weakest work. Pretty much the same 'ol stuff done to the point where it gets stale. I give it a 5/10.

I think my biggest issue with some people on this site is the whole "this plot ripped off *EPISODE NAME WITHELD*" excuse; yeah, some episodes have similar plots, but I can't recall any that are identical or didn't improve upon the original (SpongeBob LongPants)... anyway, about the episode.

I just caught this episode now (taped it on VHS when it premiered, since I was busy when it was on), and I actually really liked it. The "making another Squidward in a lab" scene was totally unexpected, and I thought it worked pretty well. The fact that SpongeBob can make Squidward play clarinet better than he can is pretty ironic and funny, and made me think of SpongeBob playing "Mary Had a Little Lamb" in "The Paper".. Not sure why, but Patrick and the "RUGGY RUGGY RUGGY" scene made me laugh way too hard, lol. Truthfully, I never really expected Squidward to win (I almost feel like that'd be weird, like if SpongeBob ACTUALLY got his boating license), so him not suceeding didn't really effect me either way.

I think I actually preferred this one to Krusty Katering, mostly because I feel like we've seen an abundance of Krusty Krab episodes (not saying that Krusty Katering is bad, it wasn't in my eyes).

Vincent Waller said:
Hi Folks, I have certain rules for direct communication with me on my twitter feed. Meaning you should keep it polite. Don't say anything to me, that you wouldn't be comfortable saying to me in person. Saying no offense, before saying something offensive, doesn't make the offensive thing less offensive.
While I think, that is how the internet should work, I am very aware it isn't how it functions. When folks can hide behind the mask anonymity, it tends to bring out the worst.
These rules obviously don't apply to any internet feed that isn't my own.
While I might be offended by some harsh critics here, I fully recognize your right to have those opinions.
I really agree with this.
Thanks for telling us. Sorry if we might upset you.

I cringe when I think about the fact that Vincent Waller has to read so many unfounded and poorly-stated opinions about this show.

BTW I'm not talking about this episode in particular because I haven't seen it, also just because Kaz might've wrote one not so good episode doesn't mean he's completely out of touch now lol.

I love this show, but they're way too burnt out. This idea has been used at least 4 times in the past. They need to pump out original episodes without bending too far away from the show. Quite simply, theyve used just about every scenario that is sane. 5/10

Honest Slug said:
also just because Kaz might've wrote one not so good episode doesn't mean he's completely out of touch now lol.
It's true but I mean it's still a fact that he has been working as a writer for so long. I just wasn't fan of some of his new episodes so far but he definitely had wrote excellent new episodes too. I'm sorry if the thing I said was completely disrespectful to Kaz because I seriously have huge respect for him with writing so many good episodes in this show.

Dr. WhoBob said:
It's true but I mean it's still a fact that he has been working as a writer for so long. I just wasn't fan of some of his new episodes so far but he definitely had wrote excellent new episodes too. I'm sorry if the thing I said was completely disrespectful to Kaz because I seriously have huge respect for him with writing so many good episodes in this show.
The thing is just because a season 3 writer is coming back doesn't mean the show is going to be pumping out season 3 quality episodes like pancakes either. I wasn't directing that to you but people in general. There's just a much smaller pool of stories and jokes to choose from now that we're over 400 episodes into the show's lifespan.

Honest Slug said:
The thing is just because a season 3 writer is coming back doesn't mean the show is going to be pumping out season 3 quality episodes like pancakes either. I wasn't directing that to you but people in general. There's just a much smaller pool of stories and jokes to choose from now that we're over 400 episodes into the show's lifespan.
yes, I know that, I don't think he needs to write season 3-tier episodes :P

RomNick said:
Do you know Vincent Waller visits the episodes' topics and could be offended by thing you might call "brutal honesty"?
Yes, he's a crew member, but sometimes it's helpful to point out mistakes and where someone went wrong with their work as long as we're respectful about it. We definitely shouldn't go the way of Mr. Exit's "criticism", but we can always be genuine about it.

I'd like to put my two cents here.

When I'm not a fan of an episode, I don't mean to offend the writers or the artists of the show. I think you guys are nice, awesome people. I'm just not liking what I'm seeing. :P But, I don't want to offend you because I'm not a jerk, I'm just giving my critique on my thoughts on an episode.

It's hard to explain, really. I'm not the best at explaining things. :(

When I first saw the storyboard image from Vincent Waller's Twitter account of Squidward looking exhausted like a few months back, I was really hyped up since it was written by Kaz :sbsmiles: Now after seeing this new episode, I thought it was OK because they're are some good jokes like Squidward playing the clarinet and the montage died me of laughter but if Kaz would've added a wall in a montage between Mexico & US then it would've PRICELESS! :rofl: So overall I'd give it a 7/10 :sbdance:

Kinda cute and confusing how Gary slept on Squidward's head, guess they've made some truce?

Back