125b. Chum Caverns

Seriously, how much does it take to capitalize, spell, and use grammar correctly? It's not that these people don't know how to do these things, so much as just pure laziness. >_>
Seriously, how much does it take to get past grammar and spelling errors? It's not that these people can't do it, so much as just extreme OCD. :w00t:

Chum Caverns was alright. Not one of the best, though.

not as good as its partner in crime but I still like it very much

One of the best S6 episodes.

Great episode. Like Chum Bucket Supreme, it does something different from the typical Plankton episode formula (pun not intended).

RedSoxFan274 said:
Seriously, how much does it take to capitalize, spell, and use grammar correctly? It's not that these people don't know how to do these things, so much as just pure laziness. @_@
That moment when someone likes a post I made 5 years ago. :p

Season: 6

Episode: Chum Caverns

This episode was very good. The plot was nice. There were some funny jokes. 8.5/10

Somewhat unmemorable, but not that bad at all. No real flaws.

7.5/10

I really like this episode! I like the fact that he did that onpurpose and then he got customers he never had and then Mr.Krabs ACTUALLY COPIED Plankton...really original! I always loved this episode and was happy that Nickelodeon airs it and yeah , I will give it a 9 :)

I like the visuals the most about this episode. Everything else is good enough to keep it entertaining.

7/10

Another really good episode, I felt they really expanded upon story in this one and actually made it funny at the same time. One of the top Krabs and Plankton episodes in my book.

A good episode. I liked it. I wouldn't say it's as good as the other episode where characters go underground (we'll get there) but it's a good episode. Definitely on the upper half of Season 6.

Ranking so far:
1. Chum Bucket Supreme (A+)
2. Patty Caper (A+)
3. Krabby Road (A)
4. Not Normal (A)
5. Sand Castles in the Sand (A)
6. Krusty Krushers (A)
7. Suction Cup Symphony (A)
8. Overbooked (A)
9. No Hat for Pat (B)
10. Single Cell Anniversary (B)
11. The Slumber Party (B)
12. Truth or Square (B)
13. Chum Caverns (B)
14. A Life in a Day (B)
15. Gone (B)
16. Ditchin' (B)
17. Komputer Overload (B)
18. No Nose Knows (B)
19. Toy Store of Doom (B)
20. Slide Whistle Stooges (B)
21. Shell Shocked (C)
22. House Fancy (C)
23. Grandpappy the Pirate (C)
24. Giant Squidward (C)
25. To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants (C)
26. Spongicus (C)
27. Pineapple Fever (C)
28. Plankton's Regular (C)
29. Gullible Pants (C)
30. Nautical Novice (C)
31. Professor Squidward (C)
32. SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One (C)
33. Porous Pockets (C)
34. Shuffleboarding (D)
35. Squid's Visit (D)
36. Penny Foolish (D)
37. Grooming Gary (D)
38. The Krabby Kronicle (D)
39. Sun Bleached (D)
40. Dear Vikings (E)
41. Cephalopod Lodge (E)
42. The Splinter (F)
43. Boating Buddies (F)
44. Pet or Pests (F)
45. The Card (F-)
46. Choir Boys (F-)

Good episode. It has many jokes and its cool.

Rating: Good Episode

Rankings:
Grandpappy the Pirate (Perfect)
Chum Bucket Supreme (Perfect)
Suction Cup Symphony (Perfect)
Single Cell Anniversary (Amazing)
No Hat for Pat (Amazing)
Krabby Road (Amazing)
Boating Buddies (Great)
A Life in a Day (Great)
Grooming Gary (Great)
Nautical Novice (Great)
Overbooked (Great)
Truth or Square (Good)
To SquarePants or Not To SquarePants (Good)
No Nose Knows (Good)
Slide Whistle Stooges (Good)
Not Normal (Good)
Porous Pockets (Good)
Gone (Good)
Spongicus (Good)
Shell Shocked (Good)
Chum Caverns (Good)
Giant Squidward (Okay)
Professor Squidward (Alright)
SBSP Vs. The Big One (Alright)
Penny Foolish (Meh)
Pineapple Fever (Meh)
Sand Castles in the Sand (Meh)
Dear Vikings (Meh)
Squid's Visit (Mediocre)
Plankton's Regular (Mediocre)
Toy Store of Doom (Bad)
Komputer Overload (Bad)
Cephalopod Lodge (Bad)
Patty Caper (Bad)
Krusty Krushers (Bad)
The Slumber Party (Bad)
House Fancy (Bad)
Sun Bleached (Bad)
Gullible Pants (Bad)
Shuffleboarding (Inferior)
The Card (Inferior)
Pet or Pests (Facepalm)
Choir Boys (Terrible)
The Krabby Kronicle (Terrible)
The Splinter (THE ULTRA MEGA SCUM OF THE EARTH!)

For our penultimate episode of this season, we’ve got “Chum Caverns” which is…unremarkable. I only remember this episode because of the location, as it makes the episode stand out a bit, but other than that, I’ve got nothing for you. Well, I do now, since I rewatched it lol, so let’s discuss.

This episode begins with Mr. Krabs being far pushier than usual, which makes me question if this episode was going to be about him having some kind of reason for this, but nope. I mean I don’t care if there’s a reason or not, but usually Mr. Krabs is only pushy like this to his employees. And it doesn’t matter much anyway, because the episode quickly turns over to Plankton’s side of things. Lots of Plankton episodes in this last fourth of season 6.

As Plankton enters the cave, I am struck by how…lifeless this cave is. Like compare this episode to one like “Mustard O’ Mine”, particularly in the part of that episode when Patrick is hitting gemstones. Like that was a beautiful cave. This cave felt like it was missing something, and so I didn’t fully buy the whole “this is the most beautiful place ever let’s all eat down here” thing. Also personally I would never eat underground but that’s just a me thing, I think. The Cave Dwellers are also similarly bland, and they could’ve been removed from the episode entirely.

I feel like every time we get a Chum Bucket business practices episode, I can’t help but notice how stupid Bikini Bottomites are LMAO. Like y’all are eating this horribly inedible food just because the decoration is amazing, or just because the advertising is good? Like y’all are quite stupid with your money, not gonna lie. And before anyone says anything, this isn’t an issue I have with the episode or anything like that, I’m just saying things just to say them.

When SpongeBob and Patrick appear in the Chum Caverns, I have many questions. I think Patrick is unnecessary here, to be honest. I mean, SpongeBob is too, but his appearance is more forgivable. I think it’s kinda cute that unlike Mr. Krabs, SpongeBob has no real ill will towards Plankton unless he’s actively harming the Krusty Krab, so he doesn’t mind supporting Plankton in his business.

Then the episode starts moving into chaos as Mr. Krabs barges in to get his customers back. And y’all know I love chaos. Plankton and Mr. Krabs continually digging under each other is fun to watch, even as it only makes some scientific sense haha. And then the two get trapped in a small little cave. And I like how it takes them 15 minutes to call a truce. The ending of this episode is great too, where everyone ends up trapped inside the Krusty Krab. I also think the very ending gag is abrupt, but in a good way.

In terms of humor, this episode is…not very funny, but it has its moments. Such as when Plankton ends up getting crushed by all the money, that was good. All the quips from Mr. Krabs about (not) paying SpongeBob are pretty funny too. And this episode is also just very enjoyable. It never bores me or anything, which is always a good thing.

Episode Tier: Good
Episode Score:
7.8/10

I don't know if it's because it's near the end of the season, but this episode has always been pretty forgettable to me. Which is strange, because I think this is one of the more competent episodes of this season. It's a typical Krabs and Plankton rivalry plot, which is fine, but I really wish they did more with it. I really like the concept and some of the ideas here, but ultimately they don't really play into the episode much. I feel like the Chum Caverns could be replaced with any ol' location in Bikini Bottom and it would still make for a compelling story. Heck, I feel like it would be pretty cool if they brought Rock Bottom back for this or something. I'm getting ahead of myself though, this episode obviously had its own goals and it executed them fine enough. I liked seeing what they came up with for this, and the Dig-Dug references here are pretty cute.

Okay episode (6/10)

1. No Hat for Pat (9)
2. Not Normal (8)
3. Overbooked (7)
4. Ditchin' (7)
5. The Slumber Party (7)
6. Chum Bucket Supreme (7)
7. Single Cell Anniversary (7)
8. Sand Castles in the Sand (7)
9. Komputer Overload (7)
10. Krabby Road (7)
11. Grandpappy the Pirate (6)
12. Porous Pockets (6)
13. House Fancy (6)
14. Chum Caverns (6)
15. Patty Caper (6)
16. A Life in a Day (6)
17. Sun Bleached (5)
18. Spongicus (5)
19. Spongebob Squarepants vs. The Big One (5)
20. Nautical Novice (5)
21. Krusty Krushers (5)
22. Toy Store of Doom (5)
23. Plankton's Regular (5)
24. Truth or Square (5)
25. Pineapple Fever (5)
26. No Nose Knows (5)
27. Suction Cup Symphony (5)
28. Grooming Gary (4)
29. Shuffeboarding (4)
30. Gullible Pants (4)
31. Cephalopod Lodge (4)
32. Dear Vikings (4)
33. The Krabby Kronicle (4)
34. Shell Shocked (4)
35. Penny Foolish (4)
36. Gone (4)
37. To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants (4)
38. Slide Whistle Stooges (3)
39. Giant Squidward (3)
40. Professor Squidward (3)
41. The Splinter (3)
42. The Card (3)
43. Boating Buddies (3)
44. Choir Boys (2)
45. Pet or Pests (2)
46. Squid's Visit (2)

I don't know if it's because it's near the end of the season, but this episode has always been pretty forgettable to me. Which is strange, because I think this is one of the more competent episodes of this season. It's a typical Krabs and Plankton rivalry plot, which is fine, but I really wish they did more with it. I really like the concept and some of the ideas here, but ultimately they don't really play into the episode much. I feel like the Chum Caverns could be replaced with any ol' location in Bikini Bottom and it would still make for a compelling story. Heck, I feel like it would be pretty cool if they brought Rock Bottom back for this or something. I'm getting ahead of myself though, this episode obviously had its own goals and it executed them fine enough. I liked seeing what they came up with for this, and the Dig-Dug references here are pretty cute.

Okay episode (6/10)

1. No Hat for Pat (9)
2. Not Normal (8)
3. Overbooked (7)
4. Ditchin' (7)
5. The Slumber Party (7)
6. Chum Bucket Supreme (7)
7. Single Cell Anniversary (7)
8. Sand Castles in the Sand (7)
9. Komputer Overload (7)
10. Krabby Road (7)
11. Grandpappy the Pirate (6)
12. Porous Pockets (6)
13. House Fancy (6)
14. Chum Caverns (6)
15. Patty Caper (6)
16. A Life in a Day (6)
17. Sun Bleached (5)
18. Spongicus (5)
19. Spongebob Squarepants vs. The Big One (5)
20. Nautical Novice (5)
21. Krusty Krushers (5)
22. Toy Store of Doom (5)
23. Plankton's Regular (5)
24. Truth or Square (5)
25. Pineapple Fever (5)
26. No Nose Knows (5)
27. Suction Cup Symphony (5)
28. Grooming Gary (4)
29. Shuffeboarding (4)
30. Gullible Pants (4)
31. Cephalopod Lodge (4)
32. Dear Vikings (4)
33. The Krabby Kronicle (4)
34. Shell Shocked (4)
35. Penny Foolish (4)
36. Gone (4)
37. To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants (4)
38. Slide Whistle Stooges (3)
39. Giant Squidward (3)
40. Professor Squidward (3)
41. The Splinter (3)
42. The Card (3)
43. Boating Buddies (3)
44. Choir Boys (2)
45. Pet or Pests (2)
46. Squid's Visit (2)
This is your most surprising review yet!

Back