102a. Penny Foolish

Vendri

Imitation Krab
Bad and weak episode.

1: It shows us how flanderization consumed Mr. Krabs's character. He has gone from being genericly, but not overly Greedy to criminal levels, to extremely greedy, to the point of breaking into Spongebob's house, for a PENNY.

2: The plot itself is weak.

3: The so-called "twist" at the end makes no sense whatsoever, just like the one at the end of it's partner episode, Nautical Novice.

2/10.

This episode was terrible. Season 6 started off so good, and then we get this? Are you kidding me? Mr. Krabs searching for a penny was a really stupid idea. Especially since the PENNY WASN'T EVEN HIS! Even worse, there's no jokes. It's just 11 minutes of penny searching. Yawn. Mr. Krabs character? NOT GOOD AT ALL! Stupidity at it's best. Horrible. Just horrible. Oh, and the end, where it actually a dollar? GOOD JOB FOR MAKING ENDINGS THAT MAKE NO SENSE! 0/10

Cha

I love SBM
I'm happy here that nobody pinpointed Penny Foolish as a reason why Mr. Krabs is more quote on quote "greedy". Like SBRox said, Born Again Krabs (along with Clams, Nasty Patty and etc) prove the point that Krabs was much greedier in pre. So the actual episode of Penny Foolish was okay, I can see that it was trying to be another Clams or Can You Spare a Dime. You know, the whole "Krabs gets obsessed over one individual piece of money" plot. I can see this episode was trying to strive to be like it's' former glorious episodes, I felt like the jokes fell flat for the most part. Though I did crack up at the conservation between SB/Squid at times. "Squidward, you look beautiful". The "schemes" Krabs came up with were just not that fun to watch or they just didn't expand on them long enough for you to enjoy them. It's like one minute we can see the cool cinema theater Krabs made and the next second it is gone. Granted, maybe it's a good thing because they could have copied Krabbyland too closely with it. So yeah, good story that wasn't the best delivered, but it's not the worst episode ever. Besides, who doesn't want to see Squidward's hair piece from DoodleBob return? (Everyone raises their hands.) Thanks... :bullshrimp:

5.5/10

todd phillips

Krabby Patty Burglar
turns out it was a piece of gum. wait for it. it was a $500 bill.if anybody could they would have reached into the tv and grabbed that $500 bill.

MadFred

ooooooofy day
Did anyone else notice this?
When a new episode comes out, it has mediocre to high ratings, but after a few months, people start to give it much lower ratings.
Here are the ratings for this episode, in chronological order:

"9/10"
"6.5/10"
"5.5/10"
"0/10"
"0/10"
"1/10"

I call this effect "The Pulp Fiction Sponge Syndrome".

ScumBob

sicko m0de
I think this episode was a slap in the face. I mean, really? A penny? Mr. Krabs wasn't that greedy.
Mr. Krabs went to build a movie theater, wasting his money and then destroys it. ANOTHER waste of money. Mr. Krabs is stupid in this episode.
0/10

OK, I change my rating to 1/10. I still have major detest, but not as much, because I thought SpongeBob's obliviousness was played decently, unlike most season 6 episodes.

SecretBox

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I thought this episode was actually funny. I thought Mr. Krabs going extreme lengths for one penny was funny and I even thought Mr. Krabs still looking for the penny at the end was very funny. My favorite part in this episode was Mr. Krabs making dolphin noises. This was a very good episode and it's far from being the worst Mr. Krabs episode. 8/10

Mantis

killer queen best stand
Again we have a Greedy Mr. Krabs episode. I really hate those kinds of episodes, because Mr. Krabs is too stupid for his own good, and it's really annoying.

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 6

Episode: Penny Foolish

This episode is very bad. The plot was very bad and Mr Krabs was very flanderized. It had few jokes. 2/10

Wumbology

Part Computer or Something
The more I see this episode, the more I understand why people hate it. It just doesn't make any sense. Krabs favours a penny over higher denominations of money? It would help if there were good jokes in this episode, but it was pathetic scene after pathetic scene.

Tuba95

Dead Inspector
Crummy episode. I like some jokes like the line with the kid in the car and Pennies For The Penniless
but Krabs' attempts were stupid and only destroyed some of his character. 1.5/10

The Real Nostalgia Critic

toby j rathjen is a monkey
Sucked.

First of all, I thought this episode was very low on humor. There were a few jokes here and there, but most of the jokes in this episode focused on Mr. Krabs being too cheap. I know Mr. Krabs was too cheap in Born Again Krabs but most of the jokes in that episode worked. The jokes in this episode were boring IMO.

Second, Mr. Krabs' stupidity in this episode. He builds a movie theater which costs like $50,000 and then demolishes said $50,000 theater FOR A PENNY. I know Mr. Krabs will do anything for money, but spending money for just one penny?!

Sorry, guys, but this episode is so stupid that it's not even funny. 2/10

Mighty the armidillo

Moby Dollar
THIS EPISODE IS TERRIBLE I HATE IT SO MUCH IT HAS A WORST PLOT THEN WAITING AND GOOD OL WHATHISNAME

I JUST STOPPED WATCHING SPONGE BOB FOR A FEW DAYS IF EPISODES LIKE THIS WERE GOING TO MADE

ITS SO BAD I JUST WENT TO MY ROOM AND JUST WENT TO BED FOR 3 HOURS

AND OH MY GOD THE ENDING IS SO BAD I REALLY AM SO ASHAMED OF THIS EPISODE FOR EVENING THE WRITERS THINKING IT WAS A GOOD IDEA

ok that was a little harsh bottom line this is my least favourite episode

BobCarotte

meep
I don't like this episode. The plot is stupid and Mr. Krabs was OUT OF CHARACTER. I give it a 5/10.

Back