097b. The Battle of Bikini Bottom

Ol Bold and Brash

Hu Tao stan
This episode is so underrated I don't get the hate and yes some parts where gross and disgusting but It actually had funny parts like the part where Patrick beats up a fish or when Mr Krabs was getting Patrick's Gold and I like the moral

Grade: 8.5/10

Best Character: SpongeBob and Patrick

Best Line:Patrick is digging for gold

SpongyMaterial

Moby Dollar
I don't know people hate this episode. I actually LOVED it! The gross-out jokes here were spot on and funny! My favorite was when Patrick said "It's booger time!" and picked his nose! XD People get way too easily offended by this show I think. 10 out of 10!

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
One of the most underrated episodes, it has a lot of hilarious humor and the gross-out... worked. The plot was even childish in a good way, 8.5/10 feels like a pre-movie episode honestly.

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
Hmm, interesting episode here. In fact, I really liked this episode. Normally, I HATE gross jokes, but this episode is an example of how to make gross humor funny, like in a Ren and Stimpy way. The plot was a cross between really good and really dumb, but I still liked it anyway. I thought that the beginning of the episode was really funny, and Spongebob eating soap was also hilarious. Overall, an enjoyable episode from season 5 with some funny jokes. I give it an 8.5/10.

SquiddlyPie

random gal
This episode irritates me, how can they be like that just for a stupid old battle teams.....the ending didn't make up for it...I was way too upset through-out this episode...I was so sad and angry at the same time...Trying to do such stuff to each other....2/10 and I do consider it as an overrated episode...Also, don't even get me started with Patrick having a nose...this SCARED me when I was 9...(that was the first time I watched it) jeez this episode is terrible ! There were some scenes I liked though (ex.Patrick drawing with his muddy hands on a wall) , and that's why I gave it a 2! I was way too gentle with this garbage.

NerdyKairi

Kairi is Back
Oh The Battle for Bikini Bottom...

As someone who is a little let´s just say i´m not very careful with hygiene at times, the Episode overall is: Unhygienic, because calling it dirty people will take it in the other way... Obviously, it has that "watch your personal hygiene" message going on and that arguements like that are pointless. However the episode is kinda "over the top" with it´s "gross" imagery. However i find it funny due to i can relate with the episode, so 8/10.

1033Forest

Imitation Krab
I like this one. I liked both this and its sister but I probably like this one more. If I were part of this battle they were in, I would be on the red team.
8.5/10

bleh, I'll never understand why some people like this one. This was nothing but gross out comedy. Sure, it was sort of tame but it was still unfunny and dumb to me. The concept is cool but execution was so lazy. Perhaps not one of the worst episodes ever made but I really can't think of anything to like about this.

Grade: D

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Master WhoBruh said:
but I really can't think of anything to like about this.
SpongeBob and Patrick thinking the "Best friend" shirts point to their actual best friend.
Patrick making up the war.
"U R... how do I spell not your friend?"
"He's not digging for any gold I'm looking for"
The ways SpongeBob and Patrick battle eachother.
The parody of cheesy morals at the end.

This might be a lowkey top 40-30 episode for me tbh.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
The only jokes I like are the shirt scene in the beginning, "Do I have to spell it out for ya? U R.......... How do you spell not my friend?", and the joke at the end with learning something, that reenacting wars is totally lame. And the latter is ruined by the gross animation. Everything else about this episode is either boring or extremely gross, and the war is extremely stupid and lame. Sand Castles in the Sand is similar to this, but actually really good.

hippythehippo

Banished
Aw cmon. In the Season with Fungus Among Us and Too Love a Patty, I feel the gross out here benefited the episode, and doesn't push the line too far. Most of the gags here are pretty good too. Not my favorite, but I feel there is a lot to like here.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Aw cmon. In the Season with Fungus Among Us and Too Love a Patty, I feel the gross out here benefited the episode, and doesn't push the line too far. Most of the gags here are pretty good too. Not my favorite, but I feel there is a lot to like here.
This episode grosses me out more than both those episodes.

Honest Slug said:
SpongeBob and Patrick thinking the "Best friend" shirts point to their actual best friend.
Patrick making up the war.
"U R... how do I spell not your friend?"
"He's not digging for any gold I'm looking for"
The ways SpongeBob and Patrick battle eachother.
The parody of cheesy morals at the end.

This might be a lowkey top 40-30 episode for me tbh.
gold joke was good I agree on that. Rest ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Another interesting episode with plenty of fun moments. I can see why this episode might gross out some people, but I don't think it ever goes too far since the drawings are just cartoony enough (except for the realistic nose)

Klu

Moby Dollar
I don't think that this episode is that gross, but it's a bit lacking in places. Beginning of the episode wasn't really connected to the rest of it, because of that I was thinking that that scene from another episode, "battle" between SpongeBob and Patrick isn't as fun, as it could've been. If it was as over-the-top as in Sand Castles in the Sand, I think, that this episode would've been better.
But, to give some credit, many jokes were pretty good, gross-out wasn't gross at all, in my opinion and morale was pretty good, but this episode more or less meh in result.
6/10.

Tyler730

Part Computer or Something
This episode is severely underrated like its sister episode. I didn’t find the gross out that bad. The war was rather amusing too. Overall, solid episode.

Grade: A-

I liked this one. It manages to do gross-out correctly. There are a few funny jokes, and it also tells a great story. It's a nice typical SpongeBob vs. Patrick episode.

Ranking so far:
1. Krabs a la Mode (A+)
2. Roller Cowards (A+)
3. New Digs (A)
4. Bucket Sweet Bucket (A)
5. Blackjack (A)
6. The Krusty Plate (A)
7. Atlantis SquarePantis (A)
8. Spy Buddies (A)
9. Sing a Song of Patrick (A)
10. Friend or Foe (A)
11. SpongeBob vs. the Patty Gadget (A)