083b. Waiting

Okay re-review time, this episode was... worthless this episode has zero purpose (no reference intended) the best thing was squidward who is just okay in this, spongebob was very out of character and mean, the episode is stupid like, why would the mailman come twice in 1 day? the birthday thing was dumb, this episode does not deserve pua paokalani b in the moment where spongebob cries, is this the worst season 5 short? definitely this episode had nothing redeeming, the you ruined my free toy scene was very bad, patrick was bad anything else I just didn't like or thought it was nothing to add (like sandy and Gary) also ::dolphin noise:: The scene where spongebob flips sandy I hate it, this is the meanest spongebob has ever been, he feels like a clone of his former self, he was in character for like the 1st minute and then turned into season 6 or 7 spongebob, also I wish the toy had something to do with the red thing, I want to convince myself that the red button is a button for a bomb that tricked spongebob into blowing up his house by plankton, if only the episode was interesting, but its not! this episode was bland and boring and mean spirited, guys don't write spongebob like this

Ranking 0/10

Overall Thoughts: Awful At Worst And Slightly Okay at Best

thoughts: Awful

Hugs4Softie

South Park Elementary Student of the Month
Dislikable episode tbh 2/10
Since me and @Spongeblobmaster were doing more Zoom reviews and he's probably been waiting for my review for the last two weeks or so, I decided since I had lot's of free time today, I could review Waiting! I feel like I should expand on my very broad "dislikable episode 2/10" review I left a while ago. What made it bad? Well, a lot. But honestly, my 2/10 opinion might just have changed...

I can relate to waiting for things in the mail for seemingly forever. As a South Park plush collector, most plushies are sold online either through Ebay, YouTooz, any website were you could buy one. I waited a whole 5 months for my Craig plushie from YouTooz, and then, just a few months after Craig's arrival, Tweek was released and he took about 4 more months. I checked the shipping every day to see if those plushies had even came to the US yet, but good news is I now have both of them. Wasn't easy waiting but it was definitely worth it in the end. So I can relate to waiting for something you really want in the mail, it feels like it takes forever, every day I checked the shipping and I was hoping that some day when I came back from school Craig would be there or Pip would be there (I got Tweek on a weekend). But just because it's relatable doesn't make it good.

I would like to bring up how SpongeBob was in character and the usual lovable character in the first 2 minutes or so. Of course, I understand characters need to have flaws to be well made and written, I'm a beginning writer myself, I do understand the characters, in order to be lovable, need to be flawed in some way. But I don't really like the "getting angry over petty things" SpongeBob. I can tell that's a popular opinion in the fandom though, most people seem to hate those episodes when he gets mad over things that are seemingly not a big deal. Of course, I've probably done similar things (like yesterday when I got mad that we had no cheese in the house and then got very sad that I couldn't have a sandwich with cheese on it), so maybe that's a little ironic.

But when he was lovable, like when he was shopping with Gary, I had hopes. Maybe this episode wouldn't be as bad as I remembered it was the last time I watched it... well that's because it was good until Patrick left for the first time to go get something to eat. It was all downhill from here in the episode. Though around that time in the episode, I do have one question: does the mail system work the same in Bikini Bottom than it does up here, because if it does, why does SpongeBob continue to wait at the mailbox for the mailman? He already came today! All I know is when the mailman comes to my place and I don't see a little box that says "YouTooz" on it, that means there's nothing for me.

Now as the next portion of the episode comes, when SpongeBob is just being plain out of character, tossing Sandy to the ground (odd I thought he wasn't very strong, never thought he'd be able to just toss her like that), dismissing Gary when he wanted to be fed, just things that SpongeBob doesn't usually do. Of course, I shouldn't say that as a definite bad quality, since he does the exact same thing in Have You Seen This Snail with Gary and that episode is top 20 material for me. That itself isn't that bad. What's bad is how it's executed later. In Have You Seen This Snail, SpongeBob seems to be genuinely sorry he did that (well that's also because Gary ran away), and in Waiting, Gary is never seen again in the episode.

I find it weird that SpongeBob wasn't aware it was his own birthday though, even if the party was a surprise. Like, not even a "happy birthday" from his best friend Patrick! I do like the joke though when SpongeBob said he wasted his whole life waiting for a stupid toy and Patrick comments it's only been 20 minutes, that was pretty funny.

But this episode falls into a pitfall in this next part. I did not enjoy watching SpongeBob and Patrick roll around like man-children for the next (what felt like 5 minutes) minute or so. I laughed but not because it was funny. I laughed out of pure confusion. But, I stopped laughing and starting turning my volume down once it was happening for a little too long... and in the end, Squidward is my savior, sparing me from listening to that any longer. Thank you, Squidward.

Overall, what did I think? A wasted potential of an episode, a few would disagree saying it didn't have any potential to begin with, I'd disagree, I was actually planning on making an episode in my own series (Class Pass) with around the same premise as Waiting (but I'll try my best to make it better). Honestly, it just wasn't super enjoyable to watch. Did not bring me much joy. Kinda boring, not super entertaining, and the end was straight-up confusing shifting to downright annoying. Not the worst but certainly not the best.

Was it good? No. Was it the worst episode I've ever seen? No. Would I choose to watch it in my free time if I weren't reviewing it? Again, no.

For my final rating, I'll put it at a 2/10 (hey turns out my opinion hasn't changed). The 2 in the 2/10 being just for the small parts I actually did enjoy.

Since me and @Spongeblobmaster were doing more Zoom reviews and he's probably been waiting for my review for the last two weeks or so, I decided since I had lot's of free time today, I could review Waiting! I feel like I should expand on my very broad "dislikable episode 2/10" review I left a while ago. What made it bad? Well, a lot. But honestly, my 2/10 opinion might just have changed...

I can relate to waiting for things in the mail for seemingly forever. As a South Park plush collector, most plushies are sold online either through Ebay, YouTooz, any website were you could buy one. I waited a whole 5 months for my Craig plushie from YouTooz, and then, just a few months after Craig's arrival, Tweek was released and he took about 4 more months. I checked the shipping every day to see if those plushies had even came to the US yet, but good news is I now have both of them. Wasn't easy waiting but it was definitely worth it in the end. So I can relate to waiting for something you really want in the mail, it feels like it takes forever, every day I checked the shipping and I was hoping that some day when I came back from school Craig would be there or Pip would be there (I got Tweek on a weekend). But just because it's relatable doesn't make it good.

I would like to bring up how SpongeBob was in character and the usual lovable character in the first 2 minutes or so. Of course, I understand characters need to have flaws to be well made and written, I'm a beginning writer myself, I do understand the characters, in order to be lovable, need to be flawed in some way. But I don't really like the "getting angry over petty things" SpongeBob. I can tell that's a popular opinion in the fandom though, most people seem to hate those episodes when he gets mad over things that are seemingly not a big deal. Of course, I've probably done similar things (like yesterday when I got mad that we had no cheese in the house and then got very sad that I couldn't have a sandwich with cheese on it), so maybe that's a little ironic.

But when he was lovable, like when he was shopping with Gary, I had hopes. Maybe this episode wouldn't be as bad as I remembered it was the last time I watched it... well that's because it was good until Patrick left for the first time to go get something to eat. It was all downhill from here in the episode. Though around that time in the episode, I do have one question: does the mail system work the same in Bikini Bottom than it does up here, because if it does, why does SpongeBob continue to wait at the mailbox for the mailman? He already came today! All I know is when the mailman comes to my place and I don't see a little box that says "YouTooz" on it, that means there's nothing for me.

Now as the next portion of the episode comes, when SpongeBob is just being plain out of character, tossing Sandy to the ground (odd I thought he wasn't very strong, never thought he'd be able to just toss her like that), dismissing Gary when he wanted to be fed, just things that SpongeBob doesn't usually do. Of course, I shouldn't say that as a definite bad quality, since he does the exact same thing in Have You Seen This Snail with Gary and that episode is top 20 material for me. That itself isn't that bad. What's bad is how it's executed later. In Have You Seen This Snail, SpongeBob seems to be genuinely sorry he did that (well that's also because Gary ran away), and in Waiting, Gary is never seen again in the episode.

I find it weird that SpongeBob wasn't aware it was his own birthday though, even if the party was a surprise. Like, not even a "happy birthday" from his best friend Patrick! I do like the joke though when SpongeBob said he wasted his whole life waiting for a stupid toy and Patrick comments it's only been 20 minutes, that was pretty funny.

But this episode falls into a pitfall in this next part. I did not enjoy watching SpongeBob and Patrick roll around like man-children for the next (what felt like 5 minutes) minute or so. I laughed but not because it was funny. I laughed out of pure confusion. But, I stopped laughing and starting turning my volume down once it was happening for a little too long... and in the end, Squidward is my savior, sparing me from listening to that any longer. Thank you, Squidward.

Overall, what did I think? A wasted potential of an episode, a few would disagree saying it didn't have any potential to begin with, I'd disagree, I was actually planning on making an episode in my own series (Class Pass) with around the same premise as Waiting (but I'll try my best to make it better). Honestly, it just wasn't super enjoyable to watch. Did not bring me much joy. Kinda boring, not super entertaining, and the end was straight-up confusing shifting to downright annoying. Not the worst but certainly not the best.

Was it good? No. Was it the worst episode I've ever seen? No. Would I choose to watch it in my free time if I weren't reviewing it? Again, no.

For my final rating, I'll put it at a 2/10 (hey turns out my opinion hasn't changed). The 2 in the 2/10 being just for the small parts I actually did enjoy.
i sure liked that waiting is not among us like a FUNGUS

Back