01b. Reef Blower

DigDugtrio

Floating Shopping List
Hm, this episode is interesting. It's only 3 minutes long so I think it's the shortest episodes of the whole series, short not withstanding.

I really like the visual gags in this episodes, and the music by The Blue Hawaiians really ties this episode together. I don't have anything bad to say about this episode so

5/5

AquaticKonquest

Fudanshi
There is not much to the plot, really, when you think about it. However, the lack of dialogue is what makes this mini-episode stand out. Even if the lack of dialogue was due to an issue with the equipment, I'd argue that it actually led to a rather amusing episode that just lets the scenes tell the story.

7.8/10

Patrick B!

Floating Shopping List
It's a short with very entertaining humour, and mild squid torture. It's not fantastic, but at least it's decent. 7/10.

E.V.I.L said:
Ok.

It wasn't the best, but for a 2 minute episode, it was funny. Not much can be said really about this episode. I will give it a 7.5/10.
Omg this is the most passive aggressive review I've ever done. I bolded the word Ok with a period lmao like wtf

I've come to appreciate it more now knowing how they made the best of a bad situation (sound equipment breaking) and I find the end product rather creative and amusing. xP

Katniss

totally coral
Omg this is the most passive aggressive review I've ever done. I bolded the word Ok with a period lmao like wtf

I've come to appreciate it more now knowing how they made the best of a bad situation (sound equipment breaking) and I find the end product rather creative and amusing. xP

It wasn't originally meant to be silent? Wow, never knew that. The episode is still pretty creative and cool regardless.

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
One of the most underrated episodes in Season 1. It may be better if it was a 10-minute episode. A decent episode, despite being a silent episode and it last 2-minutes long. 9/10.

Wow, that is it. That's all I said? Well, it wasn't like my initial review of Patrick SmartPants. OK, anyways.

I don't really have to complain about the episode being really short. I think it was meant to be 2-minutes long. It didn't bother me. I actually liked this episode. What is strange here is that nobody complained about Squidward being covered with sand at the end of the episode or when SpogeBob was reef-blowing his face. Well, that is probably the point of the episode and nobody thought it was as severe as in other episodes. They only complained about the episode being silent, but I definitely respect that. Although not a favorite of mine eithet, because it's far from that, it's still really underrated to me. I liked the "You!" part and how the episode began. It's a good episode, but not a favorite of mine and there isn't really much else to talk about.

SpongeBob plays with a reef blower. Squidward gets annoyed by it. Personally, I don't see why this episode exists. It's only 2 minutes long and doesn't introduce anything, despite being the second episode. I think they could have just skipped making this episode, made Help Wanted 11 minutes long, and paired that episode with Tea At The Treedome, and it would have been just fine with me.

Airdate: May 1, 1999

SonofMnemosyne

Floating Shopping List
This episode is a classic! I think it was great considering it was short and silent. The humor is funny in this episode. This episode, according to spongebob.wikia.com, is also the debut of Fred, who is one of my favorite characters. 10/10.

Ellie Williams

Moby Dollar
From what I heard awhile back that this episode was supposed to have dialogue but since some recording equipment wasn't working at the time, is was rewritten silently instead

Ok this episode was pretty relaxing especially some Hawaiian music played in the beginning also there were some few gags here and there with SpongeBob and his Reef Blower so there's not much to say about this so I'll give it a 8/10

Birds858

Floating Shopping List
Even if this episode was silent, it’s was great and very funny.

9,5/10

I may be in the minority here, but I'm not too fond of this episode. Sure, it stands out having no vocals and being the shortest episode in the series, but I don't really think it does its job well enough to make me like it. It's not bad, but it's also not great.

Ranking so far:
1. Help Wanted (A)
2. Reef Blower (C)

durthblurth

the guy who draws the toons
5/10

I just find this episode boring. It’s not that it’s silent, it’s that it’s sorta bland to me, seeing Spongebob using a reef blower. Not much to say, but this wasn’t enjoyable.

Back