• In an effort to mitigate against spambots and weak passwords, we're implementing two-factor authentication. The set-up process should be automatic and simple.
    Please contact the staff if you have problems. More information in this thread. Thank you!

Something I Hope The Show Does More

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
Something I like about Spongebob, (especially in the first season,) are those moments when the characters aren't really doing anything, or they're just doing something mundane, and the episode doesn't immediately cut to a joke or the plot- just a quiet moment with a character being himself.

I hope the show does this more! Those little moments are sweet and give the show character and humanity!

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=h50efpjbz9TJEgLkQWE6zEdW9vhL+CmTHAdrWOdh1QI=

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=dQOjX7Qhko5LD31rgxCe41U88pMfkBItNxGKSvoFxVU=

Oh, you mean like this?
tumblr_npje9x89W11qerd7fo1_500.gif

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
I completely agree. The show had once a certain charm (silence sweet moments to be more specific), but those are rare nowadays. Season 1 had the most :D

PinkPearl

insert title here
I didn't even think of that! I do enjoy when they do normal things. It's like when I'm reading the Harry Potter books and there are interludes where they just do normal school things. It's just as much fun to read about. It gives us a glimpse into undersea life and what the little yellow sponge does outside of episodes.

SarahGiraffe

Giant Clam
I always thought the first scene was funny because of Spongebob scratching his butt afterwards. But yes, I agree with your post. I always liked those moments as well, especially when he was sleeping and used to make that little squeaking noise.

SpongeRoadie UK

Vomit Boy
You know what I always wanted? An episode where SpongeBob, Squidward, Patrick, Sandy, and Krabs are just hanging out in SpongeBob's house, whilst watching a TV show finale, a concert, or the Superbowl or anything, just talking about stuff. In their own characters. Just talking, laughing, being themselves. No plot, just characters.

Fred Mercury

Mylegian Rhapsody
SpongeRoadie UK said:
You know what I always wanted? An episode where SpongeBob, Squidward, Patrick, Sandy, and Krabs are just hanging out in SpongeBob's house, whilst watching a TV show finale, a concert, or the Superbowl or anything, just talking about stuff. In their own characters. Just talking, laughing, being themselves. No plot, just characters.
do you mean this?

Cha

I love SBM
SpongeRoadie UK said:
Throw Krabs into Patrick! the Game and wish granted.

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
Cha said:
The voice actors behind the Spongebob characters got together and dubbed over famous movies together. If you have the same headcanon as me, then it happened at Spongebob's house, and it was just an evening of a bunch of geeky movie buffs dubbing over their favorite classics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p9Ayu-5zYY
SarahGiraffe said:
I always thought the first scene was funny because of Spongebob scratching his butt afterwards. But yes, I agree with your post. I always liked those moments as well, especially when he was sleeping and used to make that little squeaking noise.
I thought he was scratching his back actually. Either way, yeah, the quieter moments add humanity and charm to the show.

SpongeRoadie UK

Vomit Boy
Cha said:
Patrick! The Game was the closest SpongeBob ever got to what I wanted, though, there's still a story. I just want to see these characters talking about stuff through their point of view, which would represent who they are as people. Which is weird, considering it's a comedy show.

BabySmitty said:
The voice actors behind the Spongebob characters got together and dubbed over famous movies together. If you have the same headcanon as me, then it happened at Spongebob's house, and it was just an evening of a bunch of geeky movie buffs dubbing over their favorite classics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p9Ayu-5zYY
Man, I'd pay the writers to make an episode like that.

Growlie

Best Boy
Something I like about Spongebob, (especially in the first season,) are those moments when the characters aren't really doing anything, or they're just doing something mundane, and the episode doesn't immediately cut to a joke or the plot- just a quiet moment with a character being himself.

I hope the show does this more! Those little moments are sweet and give the show character and humanity!

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=h50efpjbz9TJEgLkQWE6zEdW9vhL+CmTHAdrWOdh1QI=

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=dQOjX7Qhko5LD31rgxCe41U88pMfkBItNxGKSvoFxVU=
Plus, more daddy Krabs?

Cha

I love SBM
I just really like the morning scenes, with just SB getting ready and SB making breakfast (or Gary making breakfast).

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
spongebobsfreckles said:
I've always liked the little scenes with SpongeBob and Gary just hanging out at home. Just look at these cuties

Same. I can't remember the episode, but there's a post-movie episode that begins with Gary cuddling up to Spongebob and licking him. It was a cute, nice scene that, as a pet owner, I found to be very adorable.

Back