The Problem with Off-Model frames

Favorite Character
"You know who"
There is a whole gold mine of off-model frames that you can find in some old cartoons.

Let's start with some TMNT. I'm not sure where the frames came from. (i'm not sure which episode these were from.)
Okay, let's go.
cowabunga03.jpg

cowabunga04.jpg

WTF happened here?! The turtles look skinnier in the neck, Donatello's end of his bandanna is off, (as seen in the picture above.), they also have weird face details. This just makes it weird to see.
NEXT, we go to the original Simpsons pilot. (I'm going to show you the Homer frames.)
Simp07.png

Simp08.png

Good god almighty, but this is the most dang Homer i've ever seen in my life. He also has a Fred Flintstone-kinda shape to his head and that's NOT okay. He is also fatter in the body too.
Lastly, let's go to the bit-sloppiness of Season 1 of Spongebob.
hqdefault.jpg

In the pilot, Spongebob just looks........he just looks.........oh forget it. I can't even talk about it. Anyway, thanks for reading and carry on. :)

Doowop said:
I like off-model frames. Sometimes I'll pause a TV show so I can go do something, and it'll look really funny.
oh

Spongebob's model sheet in the pilot was much closer to the original concept art than any of his designs from the show, it's the cutest, and I will FIGHT YOU

:druggedkrabs: :druggedkrabs: :druggedkrabs: :druggedkrabs: :moar: :moar: :moar: :moar: :druggedkrabs: :moar: :squidhuh: :squidhuh:

I love off model frames. They're usually some of the best moments in most TV episodes. Also
>SpongeBob season 1
>sloppy cel animation

BabySmitty said:
Spongebob's model sheet in the pilot was much closer to the original concept art than any of his designs from the show, it's the cutest, and I will FIGHT YOU

:druggedkrabs: :druggedkrabs: :druggedkrabs: :druggedkrabs: :moar: :moar: :moar: :moar: :druggedkrabs: :moar: :squidhuh: :squidhuh:
funny thing is all those emotes are off-model

Back