• Hi, Guest! Tuesday, November 5, 2024 is Election Day in the U.S.
    If you are eligible, please vote! Your vote matters! To find out how to vote in your state, visit Vote.org or Vote.gov.

Spongebob Cereal- Is It Good?

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
I thought I'd do a goofy and lighthearted thread just for the heck of it. So... Spongebob cereal! It's cute, it comes in a colorful box, and you can only buy it at Walmart. But is it worth the price? Let's talk about it!

hqdefault.jpg

Also, there was a Spongebob cereal sold over 10 years ago. I don't recall trying it, but it looked adorable and delicious. Judging from the packaging it appears to have marshmallow pieces.

342_1626_ucp.jpg

But anyway, Spongebob cereal, the modern one!

Taste-Test-Spongebob-Cereal_hero.jpg

THE LOOK

It has small yellow and pink pieces shaped like rectangles and stars. The characters have such basic designs that you couldn't really get them wrong. They translate well to cereal. However, additional pieces (such as pineapples or little Gary shells) would also be cute. But I don't object to the simple yellow/pink color scheme and lack of shapes. It's simple, straightforward, and nice to look at.

THE TASTE

When I first bought this cereal I was expecting my taste buds to be assaulted by a sugary typhoon akin to Fruity Pebbles or the like. However, the cereal is..... surprisingly mild. Even a bit bland. Not that this is a bad thing. (I'm the kind of guy who likes blander foods like oatmeal and rice.) The cereal isn't too crunchy so it doesn't really cut up your mouth like other really sugary cereals. The taste is very mild and fruity, and it makes a nice snack or even a mild dessert. It's grain-based so it's pretty filling. A bowl will basically fill you up, so one box will last you for a while.

THE PRICE

The box is a bit smaller than the average cereal box, but that isn't really a problem. The cereal is really filling so one box will last you for a while, which is pretty nice. It isn't too expensive, and it makes a nice treat once in a while, I guess.

OVERALL.....

I like this cereal. It's not super sugary and has a mild, fruity taste. It makes a good snack or dessert, it's cheerful and a good pick-me-up. The package design is adorable and brightens up my kitchen.

6/10 would recommend.

spongebob-eating-cereal.gif

They sell it at other stores besides Walmart :P

I would also probably give the cereal a 6/10 too. Not good, not bad.

This cereal is on Target's website too, so I don't think it's just Walmart.

I would probably try it if they sold it over here, but I don't know if I'd like a fruity tasting cereal. It does look better than the one with marshmallows at least. The pink and yellow is cute.

You should review other SpongeBob-based snacks :P

Yeah, I like the cereal, too.

Also it's at Market Basket in my town. And a bajillion other places. Maybe they just know I live in that town...

I haven't had Spongebob cereal in YEEEAAARRSS. Now I'm curious to have some myself after seeing this :P.

illiniguy34 said:
I haven't had Spongebob cereal in YEEEAAARRSS. Now I'm curious to have some myself after seeing this :P.
I'd recommend it. It's probably the single most bland/mild of all the colorful kid's cereals I've ever had, kind of like Kix. Not very sugary.

I've had this cereal before. They sell it at the ShopRite near my house and several other places.

WhoWantsStancakes said:
Hmm, I might try this. I normally eat Life or Mini Wheats. :)
Oh man, Life is delicious. So simple yet so yummy. :D

Halibut said:
515FsWXS32L._SX300_.jpg

You should give a 6-paragraph rant on how the company who made these were too stupid to name them 'Pretty Patties'
...You know what? I should just do a topic about gummy krabby patties.

I'd recommend it. It's probably the single most bland/mild of all the colorful kid's cereals I've ever had, kind of like Kix. Not very sugary.
Never had Kix. Is it like the cereal part of Lucky Charms? Or more like Frosted Flakes?

Unicorn Wizard said:
Never had Kix. Is it like the cereal part of Lucky Charms? Or more like Frosted Flakes?
Kix is basically Trix minus all the sugar but with only the fruit flavor.

Back