Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Well I don't!

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • *gasps* Squidward!

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

Cha

I love SBM
In the older seasons SpongeBob is sometimes seen with a belt buckle when his tye isn't blocking it. So instead it's only two loops, sometimes when SpongeBob's tie is removed it's just another belt loop. Now for SpongeBob's superhero persona, he has a belt buckle. Does anyone else feel OCD about this as much as I do? :wetpaint:

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
I'm pro-not-moving-the-tie-in-the-first-place-and-keeping-the-whole-outfit-as-a-single-entity. But if they have to move his tie (to make it flap around realistically in the wind or something) I'm pro-buckle. His pants look kind of weird and bare without.

They actually switched back and fourth in the first movie. When he was falling into the trench I think it showed three segments and when he was riding the Hoff it showed four, or maybe it was the opposite. if I wasn't lazy and on mobile I'd try to find pictures
So there isn't even continuity in the movie, maybe there isn't even a standard belt design since his tie usually covers it anyway

Big Meaty Claws

K I D S
E.V.I.L said:
Wait SpongeBob has a belt? 0_o
Didn't know til a few years ago either.:P

SpongeBob_SquarePants.png

They're the black lines on his pants.

Squidina

Tintenfisch
I knew about the belt, but not sure I noticed a buckle.. I personally don't mind either way, but a buckle makes most sense.

Supmandude

Squog
Not putting in a buckle makes it look like they didn't even think about anything and just continued what the tie blocked. The buckle looks like they knew it was a belt and thought about how it should look.

RedSoxFan274

Baseball. Hockey. SBM vet. I drop in unexpectedly.
A picture of this elusive belt buckle, perhaps? If I see it, I might recognize it... but simply from a description it sounds like something I may have overlooked before.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Off the top of my head, the only example I can think of is when SpongeBob wears a bow tie in Squirrel Jokes.

He wears a bow tie in Party Pooper Pants too but no buckle in this episode.

Hmm ... in my original reply I was pro-buckle but now I'm not so sure. With and without both look strange to me because I'm so used to that part being covered with his normal tie. I do think that the belt buckle looks fine for SpongeBob's Invincibubble design though.

Squidina

Tintenfisch
Ohh, now this makes more sense, as I couldn't remember it either. Ok... I've no idea. With simply makes more sense, but as we know, a lot of things in the show make no sense and aren't supposed to. I really do to know. I'm also so very used to seeing his tie there, so.. I guess I don't care much either way.

RedSoxFan274

Baseball. Hockey. SBM vet. I drop in unexpectedly.
I like the way the belt buckle looks but I don't think I could get used to it on a full time basis. It being left out in Party Pooper Pants makes sense, because why would they think to animate something that's not usually there? I'm actually somewhat surprised (and impressed with the attention to detail) that they thought to add one in Squirrel Jokes.

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
DadMom AngryPants said:
Off the top of my head, the only example I can think of is when SpongeBob wears a bow tie in Squirrel Jokes.

He wears a bow tie in Party Pooper Pants too but no buckle in this episode.

Hmm ... in my original reply I was pro-buckle but now I'm not so sure. With and without both look strange to me because I'm so used to that part being covered with his normal tie. I do think that the belt buckle looks fine for SpongeBob's Invincibubble design though.
Why is there four dashes in the top one and normal yet only 3 in the bottom picture? Just asking if it's a new design with one or it's just a story boarding error.

Supmandude

Squog
Why is there four dashes in the top one and normal yet only 3 in the bottom picture? Just asking if it's a new design with one or it's just a story boarding error.

One of them connects the two dashes next to his tie together and the other one puts a buckle between them.

Back