• In an effort to mitigate against spambots and weak passwords, we're implementing two-factor authentication. The set-up process should be automatic and simple.
    Please contact the staff if you have problems. More information in this thread. Thank you!

The Royal Family In SpongeBob

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
One thing I've often wondered in SpongeBob is the royalty. For example, there's 2 versions of King Neptune. One that lives in a castle outside Bikini Bottom, the other apparently resides in a palace in Atlantis

King_Neptune1.jpg

char_15025.jpg

Are these the same king? Or do they rule different parts of the ocean? (Or am I analysing this way too much? :P)

There's also the matter of Triton and Mindy, both are destined to be ruler of the ocean one day. Are they siblings?

I get that the show is inconsistent, but I've always wondered why they decided to change King Neptune in the movie

Cha

I love SBM
Neptune could be a last name than a first one. It's possible that sometime before the movie and after the series that the Neptune from the movie started his own castle rulership/government. Or you know those gods, they never tamper in mortals lives until the feel like it. Remember Princess Neptuna from that SpongeBob Meets The Princess book? We never even heard of her until it. Or all of Neptune's immortal friends from Clash of Triton? How about Neptune's niece from the SB comics? Like I said, the Atlantis that was in Neptune's Spatula is their own world. They rarely need to get tangled up in SpongeBob's.

Supmandude

Squog
Maybe the King Neptune from the show just gained a lot of weight before the movie and also had a daughter that he was pretty much confirmed not to have in the Triton episode. Or something. I dunno. :P

OWM

XD
The movie King Neptune overthrew the original King Neptune, destroyed Atlantis, built a castle, and moved in with his daughter. But the original took back his throne after the movie.

Growlie

Best Boy
Supmandude said:
Maybe the King Neptune from the show just gained a lot of weight before the movie and also had a daughter that he was pretty much confirmed not to have in the Triton episode. Or something. I dunno. :P
But the nose style is different though.

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
I pretty much think the animators for the movie were going for a different and more "tougher" look for King Neptune perhaps. I think they wanted to make him seem more powerful and give him a fresh new look for the movie and for the movie only.

The King Neptune in the movie is "Movie-Exclusive" :P And the other one is of course the one they show in every other episode.

Peterson

ʎlʇɔǝɹɹoɔ ƃuıdʎʇ ɹoɟ looɔ
Stuck in Center Parcs Whinfell Forest, England for
SpongeyKid said:
I pretty much think the animators for the movie were going for a different and more "tougher" look for King Neptune perhaps. I think they wanted to make him seem more powerful and give him a fresh new look for the movie and for the movie only.

The King Neptune in the movie is "Movie-Exclusive" :P And the other one is of course the one they show in every other episode.
Took the words right out of my head... :yes:

SpongeRoadie UK

Vomit Boy
The Neptune in the show is different to the Neptune in the movie because they're 2 different people. "Neptune" is just a title given to whoever is the ruler of the sea. The show's Neptune is the original one. He has a son called Triton. By the time the movie came, the Neptune title had already been given to Triton, who is now an adult God with a daughter called Mindy.

Well that's my theory.

Back