My Top 10 Favorite Cartoons

Homie

get outer my space!
Ten is a pretty small number for a countdown, and with there being a lot of cartoons I like, I thought why not? So that's what I will be counting down.

Some honorable mentions:

Rugrats: A creative idea with some original stories and very likable characters.

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends: Plenty of creative episodes with great characters and some of the greatest humor I've ever seen in a show.

Hey Arnold!: The feel and overall tone of the show is really nice, with plenty of great episodes.

Courage the Cowardly Dog: This show is horrifying with some of the scariest imagery of any cartoon, along with great plots.

Dexters Lab: It's pretty funny, but I've only seen a few episodes.

Fairly Odd Parents: Funny, but it's a lot of the same thing happening in some episodes.

Jimmy Neutron: This show is pretty funny with some good moments and very likable episodes.

Daria: Anyone heard of this show? One of the funniest shows I've ever seen with great and relatable characters for sure.

Great Idea! I can't wait for updates! Does this only account for the Big Three kids networks or for any cartoon ever?

Good choices for the honorable mentions. I think I might have watched a bit of Daria when I was younger like here and there but am not really that familiar with it now.

300px-Phineas_and_Ferb_logo.svg.png
#10 - Phineas & Ferb
Head Writers: Dan Povenmire, Jeff "Swampy" Marsh​
Favorite Episode: Wizard of Odd​
Channel: Disney Channel​
Phineas and Ferb is a very interesting show, and no doubt a good one. The Disney Channel doesn't have very many shows that hit (like other networks, they once did.) but this one surely does. Most of the episodes have very similar concepts which makes for episodes that might feel like you're watching the same plot over and over again, but they tie it together nicely and manage to make each episode original while they do so.​
The characters in Phineas and Ferb are undoubtably pretty good ones, each very original who have gotten much character development over time. One of the more famous and interesting characters is Agent P, the pet Platypus of the titular characters who doubles as a secret agent. Most of the sub-plots tend to revolve around him, and, at least in my eyes, the subplots between him and Doofenshmirtz tend to steal the show as they tend to be more original and tend to give an overall funnier final product.​
Whenever an episode of the show is bad, it isn't terrible due to the fact that most episodes are very similar. Worse episodes just tend to be weaker and very copy-and-paste versions of the main idea for the show as a whole. Some episodes such as Roller Coaster: The Musical, Summer Belongs to You!, and Wizard of Odd stray from the norm, which end up making them better than others.​
Wizard_of_Odd_Pic._10.jpg
While the show can feel very copy-and-paste, episodes do continue to give positive surprises as the show goes along, making for good episodes rather than boring episodes. The characters are very likable, the songs sound nice, and the overall show quality is very high, making it one of my favorite shows.​

Phineas and Ferb is good, but not good enough to be one of my favorites.

Phineas and Ferb was really good and interesting. (Take note of the WAS)

Not a favorite but I found it alright when I was still watching it. The guys who created it have written for Rocko's Modern Life, a show I'm really fond of.

Sadly, I don't watch Phineas and Ferb or any show on Disney Channel for that matter. I'm excited to see the rest though :)

tumblr_static_invader_zim_logo_by_invaderpark-d3c6mh1.png
#9 - Invader Zim

Creator(s): Jhonen Vasquez
Favorite Episode: The Most Horrible X-Mas Ever
Channel: Nickelodeon

Invader Zim is a very interesting show, and no doubt one of the most popular cartoons with a very large fanbase that swarmed to the show due to it defying the "norms" of cartoons and instead bringing different styles of humor and stories to the table. The story follows an alien named Zim and his (beloved) robot-servant GIR. Zim has been sent on a "mission" by the Almighty Tallest to the planet Earth, which is basically inhabited by a bunch of stupid people who don't recognize that Zim is an alien.

The only one who DOES realize that Zim is an alien is Dib, which makes for some good, humorous moments. Zim continues to convince everyone that he is, in fact, human, while also being confused about the human traditions (some realistic such as Santa Claus, or less realistic like giving each other slabs of meat on Valentines Day.) This is most prominent in the episode The Most Horrible Xmas Ever, in which Zim is confused about the human "Santa Claus" and decides to dress up as Santa and eventually gain power over all of the humans.

Irken_Xmas.png

The jokes in the show are very original, and most of them spawn from the character of GIR. He is the most popular character among the fans, due to humor that most people can enjoy due to it's "randomness."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDts-uBqwpI

Invader Zim is one of the most genius, and one of the funniest shows, especially of the early '00s. Theres a wide-spread fanbase of the show, and it's pretty easy to see why.

Invader Zim, great pick. I love that show.

10. I did like Phineas & Ferb at one point, and I like how most of its humor is based on subverting cliches in interesting and often surprising ways. For whatever reason I lost interest in it, though, maybe because it had too rigid of an episode structure most of the time. The songs are pretty good, and they have Danny Weinkauf's (touring bassist for They Might Be Giants) seal of approval, which is cool.
9. I can understand the appeal of this show (GIR's unpredictable nature is hilarious; "Mysterious Mysteries" has to be one of the funniest episodes I've seen in any cartoon because of him), but for some reason, I'm not a huge fan of it. Maybe it's because I haven't seen enough episodes, most of those I have seen being quite funny. However, episodes like "Germs", "Dark Harvest", and "Bad Bad Rubber Piggy" seriously creeped me out when I was a kid, which is probably why I don't like this show much as others.

Not a bad list so far.

Back