New SpongeBob toys - Toy Fair preview

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Nickelodeon had an event yesterday where they showed some of their upcoming toys.

Everyone’s favorite sea sponge (is there any other?) was front and center at the toy preview, with more than 30 new products hitting store shelves this spring and later in the fall. Among the SB assortment is a Talking Krabby Patty Maker, collectible SpongeBob figures from some of his most popular episodes, remote-control cars and the Bikini Bottom Raceway. With this July marking the 15th anniversary of the show and next year’s feature-length movie on the horizon, we expect there will be lots more in store for the entire Bikini Bottom gang.
(Source.)

A few pictures:

And a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y-avvR4kJw

Notes:
  • The first toy in the video is terrifying (but they named it "SpongeBuddy", woo). I think the plush toys are weird looking as well but it's not like we don't have enough to choose from already. :P
  • The Imaginext sets look by far the best quality. Recommended age range is 3-8 but I WANT THAT GLOVE WORLD SET. The Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy figures look great as well.
  • New packaging design, finally.

The Glove World set looks like it would be a great display item. I hope it comes with glove action figures.

Is it bad that none of that is the type of stuff I'd actually want/buy?

I've always been for figurines... like, either action figures or figures of high quality that you can display on your mantel - or carry around everywhere with you. Good plushies are my limit - but then they have to be really good plushies.

I also like keychain hangers, necklace charms, etc, IF they are of good quality - I'm so picky. LOL!

(I may be fetching a Gary plush this weekend, depending on the price and quality - was looking at it before, but didn't have any money and can't remember the price or quality.. only remember that they were on sale... uh, one of those "These items have to go to make room for new items" things... so, when I go back this weekend, if it's good enough, I might pick it up..)

I hear Applause in the background of the video :sbgrin:

But yeah, I think all these toys are pretty neat and I wouldn't mind having em myself :)

I hate it when there are toys of Spongebob driving.
HE HASN'T GOT HIS DRIVERS LICENSE YET!

Squidina said:
Is it bad that none of that is the type of stuff I'd actually want/buy?

I've always been for figurines... like, either action figures or figures of high quality that you can display on your mantel - or carry around everywhere with you. Good plushies are my limit - but then they have to be really good plushies.

I also like keychain hangers, necklace charms, etc, IF they are of good quality - I'm so picky. LOL!

(I may be fetching a Gary plush this weekend, depending on the price and quality - was looking at it before, but didn't have any money and can't remember the price or quality.. only remember that they were on sale... uh, one of those "These items have to go to make room for new items" things... so, when I go back this weekend, if it's good enough, I might pick it up..)
There are quite a lot of collectible figurines out there that are more adult-oriented. Play Imaginative makes high quality mini figures; I know CowBob has a Jester Squidward. Funko makes SpongeBob POP! vinyls. And for plushies, the TY Beanies are great. :)

There are quite a lot of collectible figurines out there that are more adult-oriented. Play Imaginative makes high quality mini figures; I know CowBob has a Jester Squidward. Funko makes SpongeBob POP! vinyls. And for plushies, the TY Beanies are great. :)

Oh, that's cool. I'll have to check into those.
I'm also curious as to what new merch we'll get here in Germany when the new movie comes out.

OK, these are pretty cool. RobotBob SpongeChefPants! And on the far left that's definitely a "Have You Seen This Snail?" playset/figure. I can make out "come home" flyers, a strip of photos, Gary's food bowl, Gary himself, and SpongeBob is holding a can of snail food and the paddle ball.

BgS5EOzIYAArwBu.jpg

(Source.)

The toy right behind the figurine set looks like it has SpongeBob, his karate helmet and maybe a jellyfishing net.

Back