Where was Sandy's Tail in Season 1?

TheAngryWumbologyNerd

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?
Tea_at_the_Treedome_Gallery_%2812%29.jpg

Ripped_Pants_Gallery_%2810%29.jpg
Thanks to Spongebobwikia for the pictures

Where is Sandy's tail?

Is it inside here seasuit? We would see a lump if it was there, though. So that makes me believe she just didnt have a tail in Season 1. But the I saw this.
180px-Tea_at_the_Treedome_Gallery_%2823%29.jpg

Ok, so she does have a tail... but not... in her... seasuit. WHERE IS IT IN HER SEASUIT?

(I know everyones answer will be it is just a cartoon, but please try to think of an explanation. :p )

in the back of the seasuit

It was Season 1. They didn't have all the character designs down to a T like they have now. Sandy's tail was probably an off/on design choice that they forgot until later in the Season. Her tail appears with her suit is still on now, doesn't it?

That's a good question. Are there any season 1 episodes where she is wearing a suit and her tail is shown? Or is it like that the whole season?

S1 had a different design for her, along with the three dots on her seasuit. Patrick also had a change since season 1. Remember how his eyebrows were different? I have a feeling that her tail was probably just in her suit and she fixed her suit later on for more comfort.

You can't see Sandy's tail because they haven't designed the characters fully yet.

Maybe it's inside her sea suit. The storyboard artists didn't want to create a big lump on her back because [snip]. Or they could just forgot about it.

actatilly she could be a teenager like spongebob

And SpongeBob isn't a teenager either. If we're going by "real time," he would be 26 right now (as his birthday is canonically July 14, 1986).

But the best thing to assume would be that he's in his early twenties.

But SpongeBob doesn't go by "real time". He would have been 13 when the episode with that date aired and since nobody ages in the show that would make him 13 now. However, since he got that license in a dream sequence I personally don't count it as canon since it was technically all in his mind and he could have made any date up.

Once day I'm going to collect all of the information hinting at SpongeBob's age and write an essay about it. It's on my to-do list.

Oh, I know the cartoon doesn't go by "real time," but I think it's funny to say that SpongeBob is in his mid-twenties! :p

In regards to his age, though, it's definitely canon. It was also shown in "No Free Rides" when Mrs. Puff hands SpongeBob his license.

Here:

It shows his date of birth, but that would still only make him 15 at the time the episode aired.

It shows his date of birth, but that would still only make him 15 at the time the episode aired.
If the age is legit, I guess techinally under US laws, he could be learning to drive and have a work permit if he was 15 and a half at the time. But we still don't know the laws of Bikini Bottom. Like how old you can be to drive, get a job, a house, etc. But for any age, being a teen who lives in their own house feels lonely to me.

Back