Where does The Simpsons got bad&Rank the seasons

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
Favorite Character
Squidward
Hey guys
I haven't been active recently but now I hope I am going to be more active here.
I am watching The Simpsons and now I am in season 7 and it is really great.
However, Iv'e heard many say that show went downhill and got bad. Some even say it became VERY bad.
I want to know where do you think the show got bad? Some say in season 9, some think it got worse since season 10, others dislike it since season 11-12. These are the controversional seasons as I have seen.
Also, you can rank the seasons if you want to.
For me I think I would rank it like this:
Favorite: Season 3
Season 5
Season 7
Season 2
Season 6
Season 4
Least favorite: Season 1
They all are good

I watched some of Season 6, and yeah old Simpsons is better than the newer ones. But I only watched that Season because it's the only one I have on DVD...

It got bad when Al Jean took over. Homer being r*ped by a panda was his idea and in his era he’s been r*ped by Marge,moe,mr burns (in a story Marge told her baby but still weird asf)

By boys of bummer (my least favorite episode of the simpsons) I was done

I'd pinpoint it to when the episodes stopped being made in cels, although from that point of view it lost its charm artistically...

I never thought the show got bad, per se, but the digitally-inked episodes are definitely weaker than the cel-animated episodes.

I'm actually somewhat fond of the Mike Scully episodes, probably because they're among the first I've watched.

I never thought the show got bad, per se, but the digitally-inked episodes are definitely weaker than the cel-animated episodes.

I'm actually somewhat fond of the Mike Scully episodes, probably because they're among the first I've watched.
Scully era was the last good era of the show. After that it tumbles badly. Homers stopped being funny after that eras now he is just an empty shell of his former self. I can’t see him being childishly energetic anymore sadly

Back