• In an effort to mitigate against spambots and weak passwords, we're implementing two-factor authentication. The set-up process should be automatic and simple.
    Please contact the staff if you have problems. More information in this thread. Thank you!

The embarrassing photo of SpongeBob at the Christmas party

The Real Nostalgia Critic

toby j rathjen is a monkey
(Don't give a barnacle if there was a thread like this before. Other members rehashed threads, why can't I?

Plus, others would ride on me for bumping it, so.........)

Yes, I am aware of Annie-Mae's fan drawing of what the photo looked like, but I think I have a more canon theory. You know how in The Secret Box, Patrick's secret is revealed to be an embarrassing photo of SpongeBob from a Christmas party?

And the photo below is a shot from the Nicktoons Holiday Party short:

Zw0aPJ9.jpg

Here's my theory: Patrick was a photographer at the party since he never appeared in any of the pictures at all and he attempted to take a picture of SpongeBob. He tried to take a picture of SpongeBob, but SpongeBob was possibly talking to someone else at the party and couldn't focus on Patrick. So he took the picture anyway and all he got was a picture of SpongeBob's ripped pants. (Are those ripped pants?) I know this short aired 1 year after Secret Box aired, but a lot of episodes don't usually take place on the air date of the episode. It could be possible that they made that a nod to The Secret Box too, which continues to support my theory. This short takes place after Christmas Who and before The Secret Box.

Some people have also speculated that Squidward's photo of SpongeBob's sad face may have been the photo that Patrick was talking about, but there wasn't even a Christmas party happening in that scene so we can throw that idea out of the window.

What do you guys think? I know I'm not Cha, Grubby Grouper, Roadie, Jibbix, BabySmitty, etc. but I'm willing to accept that this is actually what happened. Agree? Disagree? Leave comments below.

Why would SpongeBob be embarrassed by a picture of him with ripped pants, when he had no problem ripping his pants off in front of everyone at goo lagoon.

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
spacepirate said:
Why would SpongeBob be embarrassed by a picture of him with ripped pants, when he had no problem ripping his pants off in front of everyone at goo lagoon.
The episodes of the show may not air in chronological order.

In "Jellyfishing," Patrick knows what Christmas is, even though the concept of Christmas wasn't introduced to Bikini Bottom until season 2.

The Appetizer

shapes and noises
Wouldn't consider this as canon, with Donnie Thornberry in the background... and I believe the drawing was by spongiegirl92.
But I think they didn't show the photo to keep people speculating on what it looked like. Only way to find out is to ask Vincent Waller on his Twitter. ;)

PinkPearl

insert title here
I like both pictures, though the "Candid Camera" one would probably be more likely in Spongebob's case. However, I like the idea of the first picture as well :P

The Drifter

Some person.
Here's something I found online:
6e65e66004ec45d9460ab182963d2f3d.jpg
That's the fanart OMLJ is talking about. The person who drew this also draw several more show-correct art style fanarts with adult themes.

But if you look closely you can see that the art is too exaggerated/expressive for SpongeBob.

Back