SpongeBoy Pitch Bible (1997)

IWumboYouWumbo

Imitation Krab
Hello fellow SpongeBobbers, I don't visit here often. But yesterday I found out that the entire SpongeBob/SpongeBoy pitch bible - straight from 1997 - has been posted online courtesy of Bryan Korn, and I'm surprised to see people aren't already talking about it here. A reupload without Scribd's login requirement can be found at this tweet.

It has everything, including but not limited to: sketches, full-color drawings, early character designs and biographies, scrapped/reworked episode ideas, and a very in-depth explanation of SpongeBob/SpongeBoy's personality. I suggest you check it out.

Otherwise, I leave you with this:

1629475464071.png

Last edited:

MPack

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I saw that. It was posted right on time too, because today's Stephen's 60th birthday, and his work shall be remembered for ages.
Also, I didn't know Steve wrote the outline for "Missing Identity".

spongedude

Wumbologist
Staff
Haha. I love this! And my suspicion that Squeaky Boots was a play on the Tell-Tale Heart is confirmed! (Not that I thought that was in doubt...)

Downloaded the PDF for safekeeping. @ssj4gogita4 and @Spongey34, add this concept art and background information to the website stat!

:krabssmirk:

MPack

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Haha. I love this! And my suspicion that Squeaky Boots was a play on the Tell-Tale Heart is confirmed! (Not that I thought that was in doubt...)

Downloaded the PDF for safekeeping. @ssj4gogita4 and @Spongey34, add this concept art and background information to the website stat!

:krabssmirk:
Back then, I didn't know that Squeaky Boots was supposed to be a take on The Tell Tale Heart (as I didn't know about the book then).

Back