• Hi, Guest! Tuesday, November 5, 2024 is Election Day in the U.S.
    If you are eligible, please vote! Your vote matters! To find out how to vote in your state, visit Vote.org or Vote.gov.

SpongeBob and Bubble Bass

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
Bubble_Bass_%26_Spongebob.jpg

After watching "Pickles" for what must be like the millionth time, I thought of something. Right from the beginning of the episode, we see that for whatever reason, SpongeBob and Bubble Bass do not like each other at all. Which (when you think about it) is pretty odd for SpongeBob, who seems to like anybody really.
Obviously these characters must have some history, and have known each other since before the series began (it's hinted in "Pickles" that this is the first Krabby Patty that Bubble Bass has tried, or at least since SpongeBob was hired.) What I'm wondering is what could have happened that made these characters rivals. Was it something in high school? Did they both attend some cookery class?

I did NOT think about that. You know what, long post short, I think they should create an episode showing their past like they did with Krabs and Plankton in "Friend or Foe", especially considering how obscure Bubble Bass is nowadays.

Bubble Bass was just probably terribly rude to SB in the past, like past Squidward rude. That's my guess. I don't know how they know each other from the past.

I have thought about this before and I think it was probably just something that happened in school, probably bullying for some reason :P

Maybe Bubble Bass used to bully SpongeBob as a child, or maybe He did something worse that even people like SpongeBob hate.

Or he was intended to be a recurring SpongeBob's rival, and this episode is a setup. But for some reason the creators scraped the idea.

Earlier episode in the show's run, so they were probably still figuring out SpongeBob's personality in certain places or Bubble Bass really was a rival of SpongeBob before.

They don't necessarily have a past history. It could just be that Bubble Bass is infamous around town for being a tricky customer and SpongeBob is well known as a great fry cook so they heard of each other that way. That's the impression I get, anyway.

They don't necessarily have a past history. It could just be that Bubble Bass is infamous around town for being a tricky customer and SpongeBob is well known as a great fry cook so they heard of each other that way. That's the impression I get, anyway.
But SpongeBob are still nice to even bad people. He still treat Plankton nicely even thought he and everyone know how obviously evil he is.

DadMom AngryPants said:
SpongeBob's behaviour was still unusual though. Normally he'd still be pleasant and just try his best to make a good Krabby Patty

It's also further hinted in F.U.N. when SpongeBob told Bubble Bass he was sitting on Plankton, and he just squashed him even more

What I'm curious about is, when SpongeBob's looking through that window like in the picture, what Is he standing on? The grill?
This is a question I've been asking ever since watching SpongeBob for the first time.

Growlie said:
What I'm curious about is, when SpongeBob's looking through that window like in the picture, what Is he standing on? The grill?
This is a question I've been asking ever since watching SpongeBob for the first time.
He's probably just leaning forward over the grill.

Growlie said:
I imagine that his leg bend like this:
jVB1rZa.jpg

Back