SpongeBob A Friendly Game in the UK

ZachIsPro

Baby Clam
So, I found colour differences between the original airing and the UK airing of the episode "A Friendly Game". The first image which is the original airing everything looks less bright and colours are less lighter (Seen on DVDs, streaming services and other TV airings not from the UK) And then in the other images everything looks more brighter and vibrant and the colours are noticeably pale, lighter and vibrant aswell (Seen on UK TV airings from the past) So I want to know Why and How they did this in the UK.
Snipping_2024-06-15-18-38-14.jpg1200x675.jpg

ScumBob

sicko m0de
spongebob airings/dvd masters/etc have never had consistent coloring, its not really anything new. "Why they did this" doesn't really matter because its clearly just an accident or something. "PaleBob" is an unintentional dvd error IIRC. I think WB may even have multiple prints of some Tom and Jerry cartoons where Tom is blue instead of grey like he should be, because they just screwed up the color correction

PinkPugPrincess

Baby Patrick Star
Staff
As a UK native, I can explain this.

This episode and "Sentimental Sponge" have scenes where the lighting is meant to be dark, but some children may not be able to see those scenes like that, so what they did was brighten the episodes, so the low-brightness scenes have more light and can be seen better.

"A Friendly Game"

"Sentimental Sponge" (last clip in this video)​

Back