New episodes: SpongeBob LongPants / Larry's Gym (15th Feb 2016)

SpongeyKid said:
I don't care about the plot seeming like a rehash because:

1) You never know what the episode might do differently
2) Regardless, it's still a NEW episode so isn't that exciting on its own?

Though, I will say that i'm more excited for Larry's Gym. It feels like it'll offer something creative which I like. But i'm just excited right now that we're finally getting some new episodes
true on that we don't know what's gonna happen. We are just judging what we know so far, which isn't really a bad thing. I really want LongPants episode to surprise me.

SpongeBobfan1987

"Fighting crime, trying to save the world..."
I'll be looking forward to "SpongeBob LongPants" episode because he'll be wearing a new pair of pants that will extend down to his ankles, and look less like the shorts he's currently wearing.

NoahsBlobs

Good Morning World
It'd be cool if it was just like, SpongeBob finds out his pant legs have been tucked up to the top all this time, and he releases the pant legs and then they look different...
I think a lot of things

mandythepharmacist16 said:
I think Spongebob Longpants will be more like "Benson's Suit" than "To Squarepants or Not to Squarepants" or it could go in a completely different direction.
Benson's Suit was more of an action packed episode, so I don't think those would match very well.

Amphitrite said:
I find it funny how nearly everyone's view on "SpongeBob LongPants" has changed since the plot was revealed:

*sees new episode promo*

"Oh, boy! A new episode of SpongeBob! Finally! Yay! Woot woot!"

*sees new episode's plot*

"Oh, this is unoriginal! This is going to be a rehash of TSONTS! Rip-off!" *blows raspberry*
The promo was keeping the plot secret.

J-444

Floating Shopping List
SBLP's description just shows us the conflict. There's still 80% or more that we don't know.
Examples:
How do the new pair of pants change his life? There may be advantages/disadvantages, the characters most likely still remember him as Spongebob with a pants change (unlike Season Crud). The plot also said "ways" with an S.
Are the jeans in the promo picture Spongebob's final pick (Heading towards no here, but I digress)?
How do the other characters fit in the plot?

Remember, Steven Hillenburg, the creative genius of the first three seasons, is here now, so he can make things very intesting.

I'm DVRing this. If the episode differs a lot from TSONTS, an "I Told You So" will be posted.

(Larry's Gym is very interesting. Again, we only know the plot, but I have a feeling the trailer has something to do with it (Larry's gym enhances swagger?).)

MrTortellini00 said:
burn this trash
5546929+_f4f35c780338f78d81a5ce452224b588.gif

iedasb

Crazy Artist
Round pants or long pants? hmmm
Sexy spongy makes me happy hmmmmm

Well, let's see the "long pants" :P

They're doing a good thing exploring the secondary characters. They should make more of these episodes, featuring secondary characters, and just making the main characters deal with the secondary. In a cartoon they need to recycle ideas, like with the long pants one, they should make more episodes like Larry's gym.

SpongeBobfan1987

"Fighting crime, trying to save the world..."
I believe his new pants will be long, just like pajamas he wears to bed in some of the newer episodes, and the lower half of his gi he usually wears to practice karate (although this was only seen in some artwork for the show and not in any of the episodes themselves).

Back