New episodes: SpongeBob LongPants / Larry's Gym (15th Feb 2016)

Giant Clam
Amphitrite said:
Those episodes were scrapped.

As for these two episodes, SpongeBob LongPants seems to have potential, and Larry's Gym sounds interesting to say the least. I'm glad they're focusing on other characters once again!
Scrapped? Source?

SpongeBob LongPants sounds like it may be pretty boring and a rehash of To SquarePants or not to SquarePants (I actually haven't seen that episode). Larry's Gym might be interesting. Another Larry episode, we don't get to see much of him any longer.

MrTortellini00

lame funny
Meh, I'll just go with the truth. The synopsis first episode looks pretty meh and like a reheash of "To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants", an episode that isn't even that good in the first place, but this looks like it's aiming a different direction. Also, rehashes =/= I'll dislike the episode. Did I dislike Evil Spatula?
The second episode looks like it has some potential, but I can't say much for now so I'll just wait for a promo or the episode. Nice to see Larry having a spotlight tho, and even SpongeBob since he's hasn't been that relevant so far

But in all honesty, I never have big expectations for the episodes. I could care less about the synopsis, the episode is what I should care about. I really liked the premise of Squid Plus One but that episode was kind of a letdown for me, hence why I don't have big expectations.

Giant Clam
WhoBob said:
Vincent Waller said it on Twitter months ago
Link or it didn't happen.

As for these new episodes, I don't have high expectations. I mean, they COULD turn out to be good. SpongeBob has been on quite a roll at the moment in season 9b.

I am having very mixed feelings about the first one. Maybe it will be better than TSPONTSP, (could be great if characters are not brain-dead). The second one seems interesting though.

EDIT: OH NO! Not February 15, I'm watching Gravity Falls that night :(

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
The first one looks like a rip-off of To SquarePants or Not To SquarePants but to be fair maybe they'll take it in a different direction and improve upon it like what Evil Spatula did with All That Glitters. I Don't have high expectations but am curious. The second one looks more interesting, it's good to see them focusing on secondary characters more. I just hope it doesn't rehash MuscleBob BuffPants.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
777 said:
::dolphin noise:: ! I was really looking forward to spacebob invaderpants!

Wait wait wait... so they scrapped these but... the splinter, to love a patty, a pal for gary, yours mine and mine, etc etc etc etc etc etc ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC were green lit?!
We don't know what were in those episodes.

Giant Clam
Honest Slug said:
We don't know what were in those episodes.
SpaceBob was like, SpongeBob trying to contact aliens or something... which could have been interesting. And certainly better than a lot of those season 6 and 7 episodes.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
777 said:
SpaceBob was like, SpongeBob trying to contact aliens or something... which could have been interesting. And certainly better than a lot of those season 6 and 7 episodes.
I'm not sure if that's true or not. Even then some episodes I dislike have good premises, you really don't know unless you've seen the script.

Season 4-11

7 Years of Hospitality
3 cheers for NEW EPISODES! Hip Hip HORRAY! Hip Hip HORRAY! Hip Hip HORRAY!

CartoonJazzLover

Balloon Traveler
Finally some new episodes! Although my exceptions might not be that high if the plot is not executed well. Let's hope the LongPants episode is not a lot like the RoundPants episode and hopefully the people will be less dumb. I think judging from the promo, most people will probably have an affection for SpongeBob in that one much like Handsome Squidward. As for Larry's Gym, looks interesting. I'm just hoping the writers doesn't exaggerated SpongeBob's fragile strength like in the MuscleBob BuffPants. I'm hoping they would be better than the original episode with the identical plots (just like Evil Spatula being better than All That Glitters).

777 said:
::dolphin noise:: ! I was really looking forward to spacebob invaderpants!

Wait wait wait... so they scrapped these but... the splinter, to love a patty, a pal for gary, yours mine and mine, etc etc etc etc etc etc ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC were green lit?!
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, cuz we now have a different showrunner and at that time, they were making the second movie, so only Company Picnic managed to be remade. Honestly the invaderpants idea could have been executed poorly anyway, a lot of specials of SpongeBob tried to be epic but instead, they weren't.

Giant Clam
WhoBob said:
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, cuz we now have a different showrunner and at that time, they were making the second movie, so only Company Picnic managed to be remade. Honestly the invaderpants idea could have been executed poorly anyway, a lot of specials of SpongeBob tried to be epic but instead, they weren't.
I agree that the specials were hit-and-miss a lot of the time...... more often miss.......... but there HAVE been good specials, even much later on, like Hello Bikini Bottom, and it's a SpongeBob Christmas.

I just hope Factory Fresh turns out to be good... I mean cmon it's number 200 and all.

777 said:
I agree that the specials were hit-and-miss a lot of the time...... more often miss.......... but there HAVE been good specials, even much later on, like Hello Bikini Bottom, and it's a SpongeBob Christmas.

I just hope Factory Fresh turns out to be good... I mean cmon it's number 200 and all.
they managed to be good specials because they didn't try to go epic like Atlantis or The Clash of Triton and they weren't as hyped as those specials (again, Nick is to blame here)

Back