Show News Krusty Love Debate: Who Was in the Wrong?

Who was in the wrong?

• Mr. Krabs

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • SpongeBob

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
I think this could be a good debate. In the episode Krusty Love, Mr. Krabs asks SpongeBob to not let him spend any more money on his date with Mrs. Puff no matter what, even if he asks. Then Mr. Krabs asks him to allow him to spend a bunch of money for Puff. SpongeBob then gets frustrated and confused, and he blames Mr. Krabs. So who was in the wrong in that episode?

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
I think SpongeBob is in the wrong. Yeah Krabs shouldn't keep asking SpongeBob for money, but he has a problem with spending too much money on Puff. He asked SpongeBob to not let him spend any more money no matter what. But SpongeBob caves and let's him spend a ton of it. SpongeBob isn't doing what Krabs asked him to do

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Mr. Krabs for sure. He's putting SpongeBob in a lose-lose situation. If he listens to Mr. Krabs' first request of not letting him spend money, then he's not following Mr. Krabs' orders to buy Mrs. Puff gifts. But if he listens to Mr. Krabs' orders to get Mrs. Puff gifts, then he's not listening to Mr. Krabs' first request. There is no winning for SpongeBob here, and so there's no way for him to actually make Mr. Krabs happy in this situation.

Not to mention, Mr. Krabs is a grown man and should be handling his own affairs, but whatever lol.

"WAIT DON'T TELL ME!, you want me to run down to the store to mrs puff something she doesn't need! then you want me to run back here so you can say "ARGH SPONGEBOB YOU'RE SPENDED ALL ME MONEY!" And then ill say but mr krabs im only doing what you SAID! Then you'll say were not talking about this or this were talking about THIIIISSSSSS"

Aesop

#1 Riku enjoyer
I would say both, but after reading what Pugs4Thugs said, I think it's definitely Mr. Krabs. SpongeBob really had no choice as Mr. Krabs would berate him whether he spent money or not. I understand that SpongeBob is Mr. Krabs most trusted employee, but Mr. Krabs shouldn't have dragged him into the situation.

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
Mr. Krabs for sure. He's putting SpongeBob in a lose-lose situation. If he listens to Mr. Krabs' first request of not letting him spend money, then he's not following Mr. Krabs' orders to buy Mrs. Puff gifts. But if he listens to Mr. Krabs' orders to get Mrs. Puff gifts, then he's not listening to Mr. Krabs' first request. There is no winning for SpongeBob here, and so there's no way for him to actually make Mr. Krabs happy in this situation.

Not to mention, Mr. Krabs is a grown man and should be handling his own affairs, but whatever lol.
That's fair. You convinced me to change my vote to Both at least. I agree that he is kinda putting him into a lose-lose situation and that he's a grown Krab that should be handling his own finances. But I still feel that SpongeBob deserves some of the blame because he agreed to Krabs' deal that he wouldn't let Krabs spend any more money no matter what. Even if it was a ridiculous deal, he still agreed to it. The deal was to not let him spend any more money no matter how much Krabs asks. So SpongeBob didn't do a very good job handling his finances and money spending addiction. I agree the whole deal/situation was ridiculous, but still SpongeBob agreed to the deal but didn't follow through with it. So I agree Krabs deserves blame, I still think SpongeBob deserves part of the blame too. Maybe he should have suggested Mr. Krabs get some help with his spending addiction lol.

zerocool

Giant Clam
Both. SpongeBob was responsible for enabling Mr. Krabs behavior to some extent, and Mr. Krabs should have taken accountability for his own actions. Keep in mind that I still think Krabs shouldn't have put SpongeBob in a difficult position like that, and it did seem like SpongeBob was just following his boss's instructions. I just think that the situation could have been handled better.

Last edited:
Back