First "A Minecraft Movie" trailer revealed

MattTheSpongeFanatic

Goodbye Krabby Patty's #1 Fan
Staff
Discuss about the trailer here. I've seen some pretty mixed opinions online so it'll be interesting to see what y'all think.

As a Minecraft fan, I think the trailer was a little disappointing. Obviously the live-action pairing with the CGI is somewhat awkward, and the trees and environments in the trailer don't quite match up with the Minecraft game world. Also this is a little specific, but... why does it look like the Piglins are the villains in this movie? I'm personally a fan of these creatures, so it's sad seeing how they have been villified so much recently. How about bringing back the Wither Storm from Minecraft Story Mode, or come up with some new boss mob...

Putting the speculation aside, what do you think of the trailer?

Aesop

#1 Riku enjoyer
I don't think the trailer highlights the actual story of the film or the positive aspects of the movie. I don't like the cgi at all, it reminds me of those RTX mods 10x worse. As you said the live action-cgi pairing looks awkward too. Overall this trailer feels like nothing, half of it is "omg guys they're gonna do Minecraft stuff in the Minecraft movie!!!" or "look we have Minecraft things in the Minecraft movie!" When I first saw this trailer I thought it was a joke and not official.

Last edited:
I hate this, this movie is gonna bomb because what the barnacles is some of this animation is awful, and I’m gonna go watch it, I still prefer Minecraft story mode to this

Aesop

#1 Riku enjoyer
Honestly, this movie was better off being fully live action, at least the animals wouldn't look like abominations.

I wonder how they'll do the villagers...
I'm absolutely terrified about the villager design. I'm hoping they'll just be live action like the other human characters but they all dress the same unless they have professions.

Hugs4Softie

South Park Elementary Student of the Month
I honestly wish they'd actually animated this movie in the same style of the Minecraft game... could've been much better. That's the thing, I feel like Minecraft's style doesn't really fit in with the CGI animation/live action...

Back