Epic Rap Battle

I like to. I was singing/rapping it after it went off. I like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26520P-sDmY

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
Most people don't like it because it didn't belong in a SpongeBob movie. It felt so awkward to watch and god why does it exist?

President Squidward said:
Most people don't like it because it didn't belong in a SpongeBob movie. It felt so awkward to watch and god why does it exist?
Give 5 good reasons why a rap battle can't belong in a cartoon/movie.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
Give 5 good reasons why a rap battle can't belong in a cartoon/movie.
1. It's appealing to younger audience only because rap is what's mainstream these days.
2. It feels off in a cartoon that doesn't ever try to be in with the times.
3. It's very, very stupid to watch.
4. None of the rapping is good, it's just some stupid burns that was made up in 5 seconds.
5. IT'S. A. RAP. BATTLE. IN. A. SPONGEBOB. MOVIE.

President Squidward said:
1. It's appealing to younger audience only because rap is what's mainstream these days.
2. It feels off in a cartoon that doesn't ever try to be in with the times.
3. It's very, very stupid to watch.
4. None of the rapping is good, it's just some stupid burns that was made up in 5 seconds.
5. IT'S. A. RAP. BATTLE. IN. A. SPONGEBOB. MOVIE.
Meh, I still love the Rap Battle. How would you feel if the writers started to put rap battles in almost every episode>

Tstarr

I'm not a Krusty Krab.
1. It's stupid and has nothing to do with Spongebob.
2. Bubbles doesn't like the SB song, they rap, then he suddenly decides he likes it. Then this rap battle was completely pointless.
3. Bubbles has the ability to shoot a laser beam out of his head. The birds can't, so they have no physical power over him. Bubbles could turn them into fried chicken if he wanted to.

hfjs

I heard somewhere TGIM was cut to make room for it but if that's true then WHYYYY

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
In some aspects, I think the rap battle is awesome. But, on the other hand, it's kind of embarrassing/cringeworthy watching it with someone else.

It does indeed feel different to be included in a SpongeBob movie. Though, I do like the lyrics, and if I'm alone, I'll start rapping along with it :P

IAmBagel

it keeps happening
I do agree that it's really out of place in a SpongeBob movie, but the actual rap battle isn't bad itself. It just doesn't mesh well with SpongeBob's style of humor.

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
Rap battle
Sponge Out of Water
Epic
Spongebob-and-Patrick-Laughing.gif

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
I would rather be subjected to ten hours of The Splinter than have to sit through this godforesaken scene ever again. Spewing pus is somehow a lot more tolerable than an otherwise timeless cartoon saying "HEY! LOOK HOW HIP AND CURRENT WE ARE!!!!!"

BabySmitty said:
I would rather be subjected to ten hours of The Splinter than have to sit through this godforesaken scene ever again. Spewing pus is somehow a lot more tolerable than an otherwise timeless cartoon saying "HEY! LOOK HOW HIP AND CURRENT WE ARE!!!!!"
but didn't also the first movie had a rock n roll scene, Goofy Goober Rock? Yeah, the rap scene is out of place but it's kind of guilty pleasure.

Flabby Patty

Flabby Patty > Krusty Krab
BabySmitty said:
Isn't the other thing worse? :P Besides, both were only a few minutes long.

SB_DW_Fan said:
but didn't also the first movie had a rock n roll scene, Goofy Goober Rock? Yeah, the rap scene is out of place but it's kind of guilty pleasure.
Yeah, I agree too. I actually enjoyed both (not like Supmandude style, though).

Kelton2

Floating Shopping List
I'm surprised so many people are so against it- yes it's kind of out of place, but ERB is awesome and this rap battle is awesome.

Uncle Sherm

Bomb-Selling Pirate
It had a nice visual style, but the actual rap didn't fit.

also that uk version is way worse

Back