Do you think that it is too late to reboot Rugrats?

TheOneAndOnly543

Floating Shopping List
Lately I have been hearing that Rugrats could have a possible revival, like a 10th season for the show or something...I love Rugrats, but...I think it's a little too late too make new episodes for a show that ended years ago.

And I'm 1 of the few that enjoyed All Grown Up!

Also, I don't think that they will be as popular as before, especially with SpongeBob and Fairly OddParents as well as other shows airing...

So what do u think?

***And here's a bonus question: Does Arlene Klasky (the creator of Rugrats) like SpongeBob?***

[mod=DadMom AngryPants]Moved to Idiot Box[/mod]

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
I think it's pretty much too late on The Rugrats. Hey, at least they got a long run. :)

Also, for the bonus question: Does Arlene Klasky like SpongeBob? I don't really know. : /

hfjs

Klasky-Csupo had to put up with Bobbo, so mayyyyyyyyyyyybe they hate them.

hfjs

The odds are a googol to one, but I'd be really happy if they renewed it.

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
I'm sorry, but I think it's too late. I think Rugrats had its good 13 year run already, and the later episodes weren't that good. Also, too many changes occurred, and are unlikely to be undone. Plus, they came up with All Grown Up!, which wasn't as good, and if it were revived, then it would just be in the same boat as it was when it neared its end. So, seeing that, I don't think Rugrats will be revived, nor do I want it to be revived. I think it ran long enough. But, it would be nice to revive it in reruns.

SandTaro05

I'm ready for 2015!
I also think it's too late, what else can they do with it at this point?

And I enjoyed All Grown Up! as well. Not at first when it was new, but when I got older I did.

hfjs

Reading Amphirite's reply, I say NO POSSIBLE WAY.

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
Klasky mentioned in an interview last summer that "It would be an honor for Gabor and I to be creatively involved in bringing back 'Rugrats' and 'The Wild Thornberrys.'"
I don't think Nick would ever do it though.

Cha

I love SBM
They've already done Rugrats to death with its long run, movies and spin off series. If the show came back what would be the point?

BubbleBud

Giant Clam
Most here probably don't even remember Rugrats, so of course they aren't going to enjoy it much. If SpongeBob can go on for 20 something years like most want, then why can't Rugrats do it?

Oh and maybe Nick did do Rugrats to death, but that's what they are currently doing with SpongeBob. SpongeBob has been done to death with it's long run.

I don't think it's too late for Rugrats, if done right. Will it be done? I doubt it. But I wouldn't mind seeing it again, myself. I think the show should live on in other forms like comics, games, online shorts, etc. If SpongeBob deserves to live on after it's end, then Rugrats should too. Rugrats has been mostly forgotten over the years. Rugrats was Nickelodeons first big show. It made Nickelodeon what it is today.

One show I would like to see return is Hey Arnold!. That show was a masterpiece, in my opinion.

What would be cool though if Nick just sold the rights off, back to KC. So Klasky can keep Rugrats going, including newly made Youtube shorts, comics, etc

hfjs

All Grown Up's already aired, so bringing them back as babies is just.....weird.

Eh, I don't think Rugrats needs a revival. The show already had a long, good run. Like Cha said, it's had movies, spinoffs, etc. I doubt that it would come back.

JCM

#cancelspongebob
BubbleBud said:
One show I would like to see return is Hey Arnold!. That show was a masterpiece, in my opinion.
I don't think it should return with another season, but they should bring HA! back for The Jungle Movie. Then, the show will finally get the closure it deserves.

The Tide and Seeker

Balloon Traveler
I personally don't think so because of how the animation is going to be like, it wont have that nostalgic feeling to some of us how grew up with rugrats.

Bonus question answer: I don't know, it's not my beeswax.

BubbleBud

Giant Clam
A Sponge Fan said:
Eh, I don't think Rugrats needs a revival. The show already had a long, good run. Like Cha said, it's had movies, spinoffs, etc. I doubt that it would come back.
It did have a good run. I think if a revival did happen, it wouldn't do the show justice. But it does need to live on in some form or another... Nickelodeon just abandoned it. They mostly treat it like it doesn't exist. It still has a stable fanbase. Is it as rapid as this fanbase? Well no, because SpongeBob is still on TV. If SpongeBob was canceled and abandoned for 10 years, I doubt SB would have a huge fanbase like this. Rugrats doesn't need to die, same goes for the other classic Nicktoons.

Nosferatu said:
I don't think it should return with another season, but they should bring HA! back for The Jungle Movie. Then, the show will finally get the closure it deserves.
Give that show a proper finale. Also give finales to Angry Beavers, Rugrats, SpongeBob, R&S, etc. It can even be in another form, but these characters deserve to live on.

Back