Best SpongeBob Laugh

ataeaf

Outdated meme I know
What is your favorite of SpongeBob's laughs. I personally, like the laugh in one ad for the first movie. It just sounds so wonderfully childlike. "Don't you just love playing submarine?"

Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick

Developer of Awesomeness
Honestly, I love the annoying laugh he makes around Squidward in Funny Pants. It's annoying, but it's cute too. It's weird. :|

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
DadMom AngryPants said:
I love his cute little giggle when he's playing with the bell at the beginning of "Squid's Day Off".
Aww, me too. That was precious.

The "laughing scene" that gets me every time is the scene of Spongebob and Patrick laughing themselves into a stupor in "New Student Starfish," when they're goofing around in class. It's probably the most realistic laughter I've ever heard on the show, and they're acting so much like my best friend and I that I have to laugh, too.

I think it's a combination of the voice acting and the expressions.

Spongebob-and-Patrick-Laughing.gif

640px-Patrick_%26_Spongebob_Laughing.jpg

1400979394_5.jpg

Also, Spongebob's goofy giggling when he's about to prank Squidward in "Frankendoodle." That was adorable.

ataeaf said:
What is your favorite of SpongeBob's laughs. I personally, like the laugh in one ad for the first movie. It just sounds so wonderfully childlike. "Don't you just love playing submarine?"
It;s been a while so I went ahead and looked it up. There was absolutely nothing about that that wasn't adorable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7Eq4UUEvWk

OH, a laugh I forgot. Spongebob's really goofy laughter in "Walking Small" when he's sitting on the bench with Plankton, and then his homicidally maniacal evil laughter near the end of the same episode.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
While we're on the topic, I think his worst laugh is in "Plankton!" when he won't stop laughing outside the Krusty Krab. I have never understood why he laughs so weirdly in that scene. Is it supposed to be a gag? If it is, I completely don't get what's funny about it. Or did they record that episode before they worked out how SpongeBob should laugh?

While we're on the topic, I think his worst laugh is in "Plankton!" when he won't stop laughing outside the Krusty Krab. I have never understood why he laughs so weirdly in that scene. Is it supposed to be a gag? If it is, I completely don't get what's funny about it. Or did they record that episode before they worked out how SpongeBob should laugh?
I think I remember a commentary on Plankton on the season one DVD and Tom said something about "they were experimenting with the laugh here, seeing how much is too much".

My absolute favorite laugh is SpongeBob in "Sandy's Rocket" when he and Patrick are having fun in the no gravity.

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
DadMom AngryPants said:
Maybe he was having some sinus trouble that day?

I heard somewhere that in a commentary of the episode, the writers wrote that scene to test how long they could have Spongebob laugh like that before it got annoying. I think it's just an example of the writers (and Tom Kenny) still figuring things out.

I absolutely think that his worst laugh was in "Funny Pants."

BongeSpob

Floating Shopping List
For me, it's whenever he laughs with Patrick or any of his other friends, it sounds like he's having so much fun. :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzvpbMa-75k

Cha

I love SBM
DadMom AngryPants said:
Is it weird I love how strange and unique that laugh is. For a while it was one of my if not my favorite SpongeBob laugh.

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
Cha said:
Is it weird I love how strange and unique that laugh is. For a while it was one of my if not my favorite SpongeBob laugh.
I agree, that part was weird and funny.

"Okay lad, it wasn't that funny... GET BACK TO WORK!!!"

Oh- another cute laugh? Spongebob's ecstatic giggling when Mister Krabs puts the #1 soder drinkin' hat on his head

Back