"Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp" is shutting down

spongepizza72

CaramellPizza (゚∀゚)
The popular mobile game, "Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp", is being shut down in late November 2024.
It is being replaced with an offline version of the game without microtransactions.

I love Nintendo, but the company is a huge 🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬 sometimes.
I actually wonder if they are shutting this game down to focus more on the Switch 2.

PinkPugPrincess

Baby Patrick Star
Staff
From this link:
Online service for Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp will end on November 29th, 2024 at 12:00 AM (JST).

Since service began on November 21st 2017, for approximately seven years we have been honored to see everyone's lovely, diverse campsites grow and flourish.
We extend our heartfelt thanks to the many users who have loved Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp.

■What Will Happen Next

After service ends, you will no longer be able to play Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp.

Please see the notes below regarding various features and the end of the service:
Note that we are currently developing a paid version of the app to which you will be able to transfer your save data. It will be released during the same period as the end of service for Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp.

Please see the article below regarding the paid version app.
To transfer your data to the paid version of the app, you will need to link your Nintendo Account.
If you have already linked your Nintendo Account to the save data you want to transfer, you don't need to do anything else to prepare.

If you have not linked your Nintendo Account, please see the article below.
I didn't play this game all that much but it's sad to see it go. I wonder if Nintendo will shut down their other apps at some point.

KalloFox34

Floating Shopping List
Their handling of this game's shutdown is a definite improvement over what they did to Miitomo.

That game just flat-out shut down, with no offline version to transfer data to. It does exist in the form of the fan-made Kaerutomo, and even that has its problems (especially on iOS, which you will have to jailbreak if you want access to Kaerutomo).

Aesop

#1 Riku enjoyer
The popular mobile game, "Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp", is being shut down in late November 2024.
It is being replaced with an offline version of the game without microtransactions.

I love Nintendo, but the company is a huge 🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬 sometimes.
I actually wonder if they are shutting this game down to focus more on the Switch 2.
It's probably that but also maybe they're shutting it down because of the events? I haven't really touched it in a while but it seems most events are repeats and because of that most people don't log in or bother doing the events. Idk tho but that and users not playing enough seem like good reasons to shut it down

Back