297b. Don't Make Me Laugh

Squiddddd

Imitation Krab
Didn't mind this episode 6.5/10, am kinda getting into the new style and I like that they are experimenting with a slower pace, like with holding on the wide shot of Upturn in the kitchen for almost a whole minute. Could've been a lot better.

Graperpetual Pretzel

Choir Boys bad Something Smells good
This episode was pretty annoying. The sound editing was terrible, I couldn’t even hear what Upturn was saying in that one scene. That being said, SpongeBob was at least still likeable and the ending was nice albeit abrupt.

5/10

Roland D. Plankton

Floating Shopping List
Honestly I don't know what to think of this episode, I have very mixed thoughts here.
•The laughing was annoying, but on the other hand I think in some scenes it made for some pretty funny moments.
•It almost felt like it had a conflict, until the ending not having a proper resolution ruined it.

I really don't know what to think. a low decent maybe? this episode is pretty confusing to rate for me.

SpongeVol93

Floating Shopping List
Funny Pants 2.0, only that episode was better. I actually liked this better than Squidiot Box though. The 2nd best part about it was that we see some locations we don't see as much, like The Reef and the cemetery (and the clown funeral was kind of funny). The best part though was the completely unexpected return of Grandma SquarePants, still voiced by now-95 year old Marion Ross. I thought she had been long retired so seeing her again was a great surprise. I just wish her return would have been in a better episode. Maybe we can get a couple more appearances from her before it's too late. 5.5/10

Back