295b. SpongeChovy

Roland D. Plankton

Floating Shopping List
This was a pretty good episode, so far my favorite from s14, wonder how BassWard will compare to this episode.

This episode was both interesting and funny. I wouldn't consider it even close to being my favorite of post-sequel, but definitely my favorite of s14 so far. But since it's just pretty good, I think the bar is not too high, some of the future episodes will probably beat this one as my fav s14 episode.

TiredandFeathered

Earl’s Revenge
Very ehhhhh, there was no real plot to it and it felt very very flimsy with how the whole thing played out. To a point I even feel like this episode felt really cheap and quick early on with how the KK customers were changed to anchovies early on. However, there were sone good jokes throughout and the faux-anchovies themselves were pretty funny, and Gale Dopper's cameo was neat to see. Overall, 6/10, in my opinion not a good episode at all, but I had fun with it and it definitely was not boring

SpongeVol93

Floating Shopping List
It was ok. I like how the beginning of the episode was an homage to Help Wanted, with the episode having the same title card music, SpongeBob slinging out patties to the anchovies, and even the music that plays when the anchovies enter in that episode is played here. The rest of it was just meh. Or meep. 6/10

EDIT: I completely forgot to mention Rodger Bumpass' cameo as the live action Italian pizza guy. That really cracked me up, and it was also cool to see because when Rodger did a panel at a comic con I went to a few months ago, he teased that he was going to be playing an Italian character. I didn't realize he meant a live action character so that was cool. So for that scene alone I'm bumping this up to 7/10.

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
This episode is just meeping fun! I never would have guessed they would eventually make an entire episode about the anchovies, who were mainly seen a few times early on in the show. The idea is pretty creative and fun. After the anchovies visit the Krusty Krab, everyone slowly starts "meeping" and acting like anchovies, almost spreading like a zombie disease! It's hilarious to see SpongeBob and the rest of the characters both look and act like anchovies. They've become faux-chovies! Then the anchovies and the faux-chovies are about to fight! The solution to getting rid of the anchovies is both creative and funny. It involves Squidward ordering a giant pizza to scare off the anchovies! They're worried they'll be used as toppings! The episode is fun and creative! I'm pleased to see the series coming up with new ideas like this. The series has a rich history, so I like that many of the new episodes are digging into it to create something new.

Roland D. Plankton

Floating Shopping List
This was a pretty good episode, so far my favorite from s14, wonder how BassWard will compare to this episode.

This episode was both interesting and funny. I wouldn't consider it even close to being my favorite of post-sequel, but definitely my favorite of s14 so far. But since it's just pretty good, I think the bar is not too high, some of the future episodes will probably beat this one as my fav s14 episode.
Welp opinion changed. This episode is not that good. Possibly one the weakest S14 episodes so far. It's just ok. It's entertaining enough but it's also weird both story-wise and structure-wise.

distinctincident5624

Floating Shopping List
This is one of two episodes I have no idea what to think of it because of how weird and nonsensical it is. (the other being Cuddle E. Hugs) This is the new weirdest episode of the show in my opinion. We never saw how SpongeBob actually became a faux-chovy or why they even can become faux-chovies to begin with given that the characters had plenty of contact with the anchovies before and nothing happened but it's a cartoon I suppose. The meeping does get a bit too much sometimes and the plot itself is completely stupid and nonsensical, but on the other hand I wasn't bored with the episode at any point and was genuinely interested in seeing where the story would end up. Rodger Bumpass cameo was cool. Given all these factors, I have no choice but to give this episode a Meep/Meep.

TiredandFeathered

Earl’s Revenge
Very ehhhhh, there was no real plot to it and it felt very very flimsy with how the whole thing played out. To a point I even feel like this episode felt really cheap and quick early on with how the KK customers were changed to anchovies early on. However, there were sone good jokes throughout and the faux-anchovies themselves were pretty funny, and Gale Dopper's cameo was neat to see. Overall, 6/10, in my opinion not a good episode at all, but I had fun with it and it definitely was not boring
After a rewatch a few months ago, I can confidently say this episode is awful and one of the worst episodes in the entire series (probably the worst). There's no story, the episode jumps from one situation to the next with almost nothing to offer, I remember even not liking most of the parts I was charmed by when it came out. Gale Doppler's cameo and Rube's bouncing animation earn it like a 1.5/10, rounded to a 2/10.

Back