288b. Plankton and the Beanstalk

Roland D. Plankton

Floating Shopping List
This episode was a pretty solid adaptation of Jack and the Beanstalk. Not my favorite of the season (no short or fairytale parody can be, and this episode was both). It's still good of course

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
So…another fairytale episode? Is that really what we’re doing? I don’t really have any complaints about this, but y’all already know that these aren’t particularly my favorite stories from the show…though the last episode was really good. Probably because Moby Dick isn’t a fairytale LMAO. But, as always, let me give this episode its fair chance. And besides, I like that the sister episodes were both stories like this. It’s that same continuity between sister episodes that I’ve been saying I like a lot.

Like “Dopey Dick”, this episode is narrated by its main character (in a way. obviously this is an alternate universe like “Dopey Dick”, so while Plankton narrates it, the main character is only his analogue, Jack). Plankton, or I guess I’ll say Jack’s, little outfit here is cute. And I love that Karen is a clock instead of a computer, that’s pretty cool. That makes me want a steampunk episode now. This scene between Karen and Jack is actually more entertaining than I expected, especially with Karen’s comment about “anything to win an argument” lol. Because Karen forcefeeds Jack the bean, the beanstalk grows from him…missed opportunity for more body horror. Mostly joking on that, I know this is a kids show.

Jack ends up going up into the clouds, where Ye Old Krusty Krab is. Well this should be interesting. Alright, place your bets now, how much you wanna bet Jack is still going to have a formula stealing plot? Jack ends up coming across SpongeBob, who’s a goose. SpongeGoose? Yeah, sure, I like that name, that’s what I’ll call him (and turns out I was right to do so…you see how good I am at this?). SpongeGoose just kinda laughs a whole bunch and has a laughable (in every sense of the word) design. And when Mr. Krabs tells SpongeGoose to lay some Krabby Patties, I realize that he’s supposed to be the golden goose. Listen, I’m not very familiar with the Jack & the Beanstalk fairytale, gimme a break lol. I can’t get over how unnerving SpongeGoose’s design is lol. And if that wasn’t bad enough, we learn that the Magic Harp is Squidward. SquidHarp? Idk, I like that one. Anyway, that design is pretty horrific too. So that’s fun. And it seems no matter the universe, just like I said in the previous review, Squidward just can’t do music. But it’s good enough to get SpongeGoose to lay a Krabby Patty so…I guess that’s twice in a row that animals have a good response to Squidward’s music.

So I guess this isn’t a formula stealign plot, but Jack is immediately trying to steal the golden Krabby Patty because it would make him rich. You know, that’s fair. There’s something inherently funny about Jack/Plankton forgetting all of his fear immediately so he can try and steal a patty in the stupidest way possible. What happened to schemes? Anyway, Mr. Krabs immediately catches him, because duh, and decides to feed him to SpongeGoose. Plankton gets eaten a lot no matter the universe. You know…actually let me not, that’s such an awful joke LMAO. Anyway, Jack manages to escape through SpongeGoose’s pores, and then rides the goose to safety. I like how Jack decides to jump off the goose, who can fly, just so he can hit the ground in a much more painful way lol.

I also like that Jack just pulls out a laser from nowhere. Though this is also a stupid plan because how is cutting down the beanstalk that Mr. Krabs is already on going to do anything but get him to land where you are??? Because this show doesn’t do death by falling so…

…Or I guess it does do that because we then see everyone eating golden patties out of Mr. Krabs’ corpse! Well that’s not dark at all. And I guess he’s not dead-dead, as it turns out that was just his shell, but that leaves me with a lot of questions considering that Jack was surprised to see him show up. Is it bad that I feel bad for him? Jack literally showed up in his house trying to steal stuff, and then he did successfully steal his goose, and then he lost his shell and couldn’t even eat his favorite food anymore lol.

Episode Tier: Good
Episode Score: 7.4/10

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
So…another fairytale episode? Is that really what we’re doing? I don’t really have any complaints about this, but y’all already know that these aren’t particularly my favorite stories from the show…though the last episode was really good. Probably because Moby Dick isn’t a fairytale LMAO. But, as always, let me give this episode its fair chance. And besides, I like that the sister episodes were both stories like this. It’s that same continuity between sister episodes that I’ve been saying I like a lot.

Like “Dopey Dick”, this episode is narrated by its main character (in a way. obviously this is an alternate universe like “Dopey Dick”, so while Plankton narrates it, the main character is only his analogue, Jack). Plankton, or I guess I’ll say Jack’s, little outfit here is cute. And I love that Karen is a clock instead of a computer, that’s pretty cool. That makes me want a steampunk episode now. This scene between Karen and Jack is actually more entertaining than I expected, especially with Karen’s comment about “anything to win an argument” lol. Because Karen forcefeeds Jack the bean, the beanstalk grows from him…missed opportunity for more body horror. Mostly joking on that, I know this is a kids show.

Jack ends up going up into the clouds, where Ye Old Krusty Krab is. Well this should be interesting. Alright, place your bets now, how much you wanna bet Jack is still going to have a formula stealing plot? Jack ends up coming across SpongeBob, who’s a goose. SpongeGoose? Yeah, sure, I like that name, that’s what I’ll call him (and turns out I was right to do so…you see how good I am at this?). SpongeGoose just kinda laughs a whole bunch and has a laughable (in every sense of the word) design. And when Mr. Krabs tells SpongeGoose to lay some Krabby Patties, I realize that he’s supposed to be the golden goose. Listen, I’m not very familiar with the Jack & the Beanstalk fairytale, gimme a break lol. I can’t get over how unnerving SpongeGoose’s design is lol. And if that wasn’t bad enough, we learn that the Magic Harp is Squidward. SquidHarp? Idk, I like that one. Anyway, that design is pretty horrific too. So that’s fun. And it seems no matter the universe, just like I said in the previous review, Squidward just can’t do music. But it’s good enough to get SpongeGoose to lay a Krabby Patty so…I guess that’s twice in a row that animals have a good response to Squidward’s music.

So I guess this isn’t a formula stealign plot, but Jack is immediately trying to steal the golden Krabby Patty because it would make him rich. You know, that’s fair. There’s something inherently funny about Jack/Plankton forgetting all of his fear immediately so he can try and steal a patty in the stupidest way possible. What happened to schemes? Anyway, Mr. Krabs immediately catches him, because duh, and decides to feed him to SpongeGoose. Plankton gets eaten a lot no matter the universe. You know…actually let me not, that’s such an awful joke LMAO. Anyway, Jack manages to escape through SpongeGoose’s pores, and then rides the goose to safety. I like how Jack decides to jump off the goose, who can fly, just so he can hit the ground in a much more painful way lol.

I also like that Jack just pulls out a laser from nowhere. Though this is also a stupid plan because how is cutting down the beanstalk that Mr. Krabs is already on going to do anything but get him to land where you are??? Because this show doesn’t do death by falling so…

…Or I guess it does do that because we then see everyone eating golden patties out of Mr. Krabs’ corpse! Well that’s not dark at all. And I guess he’s not dead-dead, as it turns out that was just his shell, but that leaves me with a lot of questions considering that Jack was surprised to see him show up. Is it bad that I feel bad for him? Jack literally showed up in his house trying to steal stuff, and then he did successfully steal his goose, and then he lost his shell and couldn’t even eat his favorite food anymore lol.

Episode Tier: Good
Episode Score: 7.4/10
I hope you don't like my friend patty I don't like that episode

But if you like it then I will respect your opinion!

Graperpetual Pretzel

Choir Boys bad Something Smells good
This episode is fine. Too short to be super memorable and nothing was all that funny (except for Plankton thinking SpongeBob was choking) but nothing was really bad either (except for the goose SpongeBob farting, like can we just not)

6/10

one of the better fairy tale episodes
  1. Dopey Dick (15/10)
  2. Friendiversary (11/10)
  3. Salty Sponge (10/10)
  4. Delivery To Monster Island (10/10)
  5. Welcome To Binary Bottom (10/10)
  6. The Flower Pot (10/10)
  7. C.H.U.M.S (9.5/10)
  8. Ma And Pa's Big Hurrah (9.5/10)
  9. SpongeBob on parade (9.5/10)
  10. Yellow Pavement (9.5/10)
  11. Patrick The Mailman (9.5/10)
  12. Karen For Spot (9.5/10)
  13. Say Aww! (9.5/10)
  14. Mandatory Music (9/10)
  15. Goofy Scoopers (9/10)
  16. Food PBFFT! Truck (8.5/10)
  17. Abandon Twits (8.5/10)
  18. A Place For Pets (8/10)
  19. Hot Crossed Nuts (8/10)
  20. Sir Urchin And Snail Fail (8/10)
  21. Squidferatu (8/10)
  22. Big Bad Bubble Bass (8/10)
  23. Under The Small Top (8/10)
  24. Plankton And The Beanstalk (8/10)
  25. Squidward's Sick Daze (7.5/10)
  26. Sea Man Sponge Haters Club (7.5/10)
  27. Ain't That The Tooth (7.5/10)
  28. Spongebob's Road To Christmas (7.5/10)
  29. Walhalla (7.5/10)
  30. You're Going To Pay Phone (7.5/10)
  31. Arbor Day Dissarray (7/10)
  32. Potato Puff (7/10)
  33. Pat The Dog (6.5/10)
  34. Ride Patrick Ride (6.5/10)
  35. Skin Wrinkle in time (6.5/10)
  36. Captain Pipsqueak (5.5/10)
  37. Lockdown For Love (5.5/10)
  38. Slappy Daze (5.5/10)
  39. Plane To Sea (3.5/10)
  40. There Will Be Grease (3/10)
  41. Upturn Girls (3/10)
  42. Something Narwhal This Way Comes (0/10)

Back