221b. Stuck on the Roof

Zimmy11

Use your imagination...
'Spongebob is afraid to get off the roof of the Krusty Krab, but he won't let that stop him for living his life.'

Seems like an interesting episode, I wonder how it will be.

CartoonJazzLover

Balloon Traveler
Another boring sounding episode that somehow reached my expectations. Then again, Andrew Goodman is a very strong writer aside from a couple of weak spots. I really liked the idea of SpongeBob getting stuck on the Krusty Krab roof and eventually everyone joined in the fun. I know if I was stuck on a roof, it would've been the scariest experiment of my life. It was nice of the citizen including Patrick and Sandy helping SpongeBob get off the roof. And oh, did I spot another Bubble Bass cameo? Wow, they're really wanting to make him a recurring character at this point. Admittedly, the episode is just as good as the previous episode, since there's flaws preventing from being perfect. First up, the pacing is swift and incoherent. Second, there's some predictable moments i wasn't fond of (SpongeBob trying to order Krabby Patties without anyone and the ending where Squidward is grounded). Oh, I did not need to see Squidward's ripped skin, artists, thank you very much. That felt so much like season 6 when the artists especially Robertryan Cory had a fetish for such moments. Oh, and SpongeBob was shaking his butt again. before people complain about this, please keep in mind butt jokes had been a thing in this show as early as Pizza Delivery in season 1. Either way, this was a simple episode that managed to work, even though in the end, it's just another Krusty Krab episode. Speaking of which, I loved that title card. They literally show the Krusty Krab and they even played The Rake Hornpipe as a title card music. Overall, You Bring the Color week is off to a great start. But I think the rest of the episodes except Cuddle E. Hugs and maybe There's a Sponge in my Soup might be even better.

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
Wrote a long review for this only to have it deleted. A half hour of my life I'll never get back. Hence why I should never trust Internet Explorer when doing these reviews.

6.5/10

Okay Episode.

Kind of a mediocre episode for this season. The show is so hit or miss in terms with doing simple premises. SpongeBob getting stuck on the roof reminded me a lot of New Leafs but still it's a bit different premise and I can relate to SpongeBob with fear of heights. My issue with this is that it's what we've seen in this show before and most of jokes in this episode were rather bland and predictable or they are usual "lets ruin Squidward's day" jokes. Don't get me start on twerking at the beginning. I did like how Patrick and Sandy were supportive and helpful, some scenes like fish calling out illogical rain in underwater were pretty funny and the background was nice. Still this episode left me kind of empty.

Grade: C+

Aaendi

Imitation Krab
The beginning and end was fine, but I think it dragged on in the middle.

Loopers

Sportz?
with an episode like a simple story like this it could've easily been a five-minute short. (considering five-minute shorts have returned)

it's meh

5/10

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
Like it's sister, this episode left me kind of confused, but not in a good way nor a bad way. The concept was good, but the episode was very unfocused and all over the place. I mean, it went from SpongeBob being afraid of getting off the roof to the customers eating on the roof to a storm blowing everyone away to everyone dancing. I couldn't really tell what this episode wanted to be once it was over, and the fact that it's not a trippy episode also brings it down a smidgen. And, this is small, but I could've done without Squidward's face getting burnt and ripped off revealing gross muscle, which gave back not-so-good vibes of season 6. And I don't recall laughing either. The only good thing that stuck out was SpongeBob's dance at the beginning. Maybe this will grow onto me a little later on, but for now I'll give it a 6.5/10.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
The twerking was an awful Loud House-tier joke that I never want to see again.

Like No Pictures, Please this episode is boring but without the interesting concepts that episode had going for it. The episode itself doesn't seem to have much faith in its central concept and goes all over the place from SpongeBob trying to live on the roof to that storm that wasn't the best way to resolve this plotline. Besides the mediocre plot I pretty much found nothing in this episode to be funny. I don't have much to say but this episode also didn't have much to show either.

4/10

I agree with everything I said, but i think I scored it too generously. It really doesn't have much going for it apart from animation, that while nice, is paired with an awful story, and a complete lack of humor.

3/10

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
Honest Slug said:
The twerking was an awful Loud House-tier joke that I never want to see again.
https://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=R7BJuCwSHAYo%2BeRMkkizuPLXVeydDlh6BeBuaIOX6do%3D
https://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=OtJvgUV62UeJGdWfozJh1kHigB1Fqk4jkZn3w97p1XI%3D
https://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=mBSKFQAY1nLkbRJDztvVn3qua7IBjOkhJ9etfRRr2ds%3D

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Amphitrite said:
https://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=R7BJuCwSHAYo%2BeRMkkizuPLXVeydDlh6BeBuaIOX6do%3D
https://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=OtJvgUV62UeJGdWfozJh1kHigB1Fqk4jkZn3w97p1XI%3D
https://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=mBSKFQAY1nLkbRJDztvVn3qua7IBjOkhJ9etfRRr2ds%3D
Unlike those episodes this one makes an intentional reference to dancing with modern-ish music in the background and it even comes back as a plot point later on, calling attention to it.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Unlike those episodes this one makes an intentional reference to dancing with modern-ish music in the background and it even comes back as a plot plot later on, calling attention to it.

IT DID???? I swear I don't remember that part...

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
That's how the Krusty Krab lowers to ground level.
I remember him dancing but I don't remember him twerking at that part. I even remember thinking "Ohhhhhhh that's why people were so mad about the twerking, it was important to the plot" and then it didn't happen and I thought "oh never mind". Maybe I missed it though, idk, I've only watched it once.

Back