194a. Patrick! the Game

Big Meaty Claws

K I D S
This episode was pretty funny, with lots of nice gags and faces. Honestly, there really isn't much to say about it. It's a pretty solid episode, but I don't really understand the "plot" here, and the board game itself was just completely random. Sure, it was kind of funny, but none of it made any sense, which is obviously the joke, and at least Squidward agreed with me :P Even though I like Uncle Grandpa, which is obviously a very random show, this episode didn't really hit me with it's humor. Real nice to finally see Sandy again, hopefully she'll make more appearances soon. Anyways, 8/10, maybe 7.5/10 or 7/10. I'll have to see it again to finalize my thoughts.

-Very unique title card design :0
-Certified Public Accountant :rofl:
-Squidward has an iPod :haylp:
-Nice to finally see Sandy again!
-The bits with the mini Patricks coming out of hits head were cute and funny :P
-"This is going to be written in the history books one day!" "Yeah, in crayon." :rofl:
-The prisoner in the "jail" box was funny.
-Sandy threatening Squidward for being mean was funny.
-There were a ton of really silly faces here that need to be screencapped :P
-GAME OVER

The Appetizer

shapes and noises
An easy 9/10. Oodles of great little gags, and it was nice to see Sandy come back after a while!

HI-LITES:
The prisoner in the "Jail" box (and then in the police van)
Squidward with an MP3 :patrickomg:
Whenever Patrick got an idea
"GAME OVER!"

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
Pros:
-The beginning of the episode.
-"THIS IS A GAME"
-Sandy and Squidward.
-The complicated rules of the game.
-"YOU HAVE TO ROLL A SIX"
-"Oh boy, you landed on do a surgery."
-And Sandy's creepy smile following that line.
-AND THE SURGERY SCENE
-"BUT I WAS ON SNACKS"
-The facial expressions in this episode were amazing.
-"GOOD JOB SQUIDWARD YOU WON"
-The ending, although "EHHHH SQUID ABUSE" was hilarious. "WELCOME BACK!"
-The music in this one was good.
-The voice acting in this one was also really good. There were a lot of lines that wouldn't normally be funny that I laughed at just because of the delivery.

Cons:
-Some of the sight gags went on for too long. I mean they were totally funny but they felt too filler-y.
-I feel like a lot of the sound effects were a tiny bit overkill... IDK, I just felt like there was too much cartoony "squishing" or something.
-In general, the first half felt kinda slow.

Random Off-Notes:
-Just... Sandy and Squidward were amazing in this one. They were just so funny.
-Rushed ending. I'm not complaining because it was funny, but still...

Overall a good episode. It started out kinda meh but the second half was amazing.

Cha

I love SBM
WOAH SQUIDWARD WITH AN IPOD, MODERN TECHNOLOGY

I like how Patrick is interacting with his friends without the need of SB for once. Also omg Sandy telling Squidward to shut it throughout the episode was the best. Like Sandy never has fun with the guys, so it was nice to see her. I kinda wish it was more than them just playing a game, like it took a turn where they were in a game world. But again, I just liked seeing those four interact for the first time in ages, so I didn't mind the flaws much.

MrTortellini00

lame funny
Big Gravysmothered Turkeys said:
On another note...why a 5.8 o.o
Don't even question, every post-2nd movie episode here is underrated imo, with the exception of LiBB and Tutor Sauce

Supmandude

Squog
An amazing episode of non-stop comedy greatness!!! It will most likely be loved by everyone who sees it, but it might get overshadowed a little bit by the one after it. It's still great, though. 10/10 :)

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Adam Paloian:

It looks like “Patrick the Game” aired tonight! Here are some shots I worked on.
In an episode where a bunch of characters are stuck on couch, you really have to push the acting and gags to make things funny. We’re also lucky to have amazing voice actors with great performances that often inspire funny expressions in our drawings.
9if526I.png

wZRqOQP.png
h0ioHK2.png

ss97LrU.png

eRHToUP.png
N3Oyx5G.png

gGXUiOm.png

MrTortellini00

lame funny
An amazing episode of non-stop comedy greatness!!! It will most likely be loved by everyone who sees it, but it might get overshadowed a little bit by the one after it. It's still great, though. 10/10 :)

I haven't seen the episode yet but sadly there are already people hating it

I loved this one. Squid's faces while saying, "BOTH" and "HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET OUT OF JAIL", were the funniest I've seen.

1. Patrick! the Game! (9.6/10)
2. What's Eating Patrick? (9.5/10)
3. Squid Plus One (9/10)
4. The Sewers of Bikini Bottom (8.6/10)
5. Pull Up A Barrel (8.5/10)
6. Tutor Sauce (8/10)
7. The Executive Treatment (7.5/10)
8. Sanctuary! (7/10)
9. Lost in Bikini Bottom (5.5/10)
10. Company Picnic (5/10)

I just noticed that my two favorite episodes of season 9.2 so far have based around Patrick. Hmm...

Giant Clam
Supmandude said:
This was easily the best post-second-movie episode so far. It was the first episode in FOREVER that I laughed MANY times.

MrTortellini00

lame funny
This episode was just what I wanted from it
I don't mind the ending, really, the rest of the episode was so funny to watch that I don't care about it
One of my favorites of season 9
8/10. It would have been a 9 if Patrick wasn't so much of a jerk and if it had a better ending

WhoBob said:
what hatrid?
It's not from here, it's from other websites on the Internet, like on YT and SB Wikia

BobCarotte

meep
This episode was better than I expected. It is now one of my favourite Season 9 episodes. I really liked the exaggerated faces, especially the face Squidward made when he said "BOTH?!". I LOVED the "Game Over" part. 9.5/10

I liked this episode for what it was. It's not great but it was good. The episode wasn't really funny, except for some good visual gags but I really enjoyed board game stuff in it. I really liked how Sandy was there to support Patrick's game and she was nice to him. It's a little thing but I liked the part when Sandy, SpongeBob and Squidward walked together to Patrick's home, it felt different and it's rarely to see moments like this (except for Squid Defense tho). I have some complaints, Patrick did get on my nerves in this episode. I feel like his lines were forced at some points, especially at the begining and he was loud at some parts as well. I also didn't like ending at all. Yeah, Squidward was being a party pooper but sending him to jail was just cruel and it was a lazy way to end the episode. I still enjoyed watching this one but it wasn't a really strong episode for season 9.2. "B"

MrTortellini00 said:
This episode was just what I wanted from it
I don't mind the ending, really, the rest of the episode was so funny to watch that I don't care about it
One of my favorites of season 9
8.5/10

It's not from here, it's from other websites on the Internet, like on YT and SB Wikia
oh ok

Supmandude

Squog
After thinking it over, I didn't give this episode enough credit! It's still 10/10 like I said, but it's even better than that!!! At the time I was thinking it might be overshadowed by the second episode, but now I think they'll both be remembered for greatness. :)

Back