105a. The Splinter

hasfarr

your mom

Oh lord... THIS episode. I don't even know what to say about it.

I hate this episode with almost all of me. This episode is only a little better than "To Love a Patty". This episode isn't funny at all. I did not laugh once. I remember first seeing it on Nicktoons Network, thinking that the plot for this episode was probably only going to be about six minutes long, because I did not think they could stretch it out into 11-minutes. There are no jokes. It's just Spongebob almost dying. Then getting a splinter. Then trying to get it out. The whole episode is painful. Squidward acts really jerky when Spongebob is clearly in pain, which really isn't like Squidward. If Spongebob is in that much of pain, then Squidward would mostly feel bad. Case and point, "April Fool's". The worst part of the episode is Dr. Patrick. You would think it would be a nice homage to the Suds episode, but that is not the case. Instead of being funny, Patrick just makes it worse, and makes us even more displeased and just disturbed. Then, of course, before he does that, you get his creepy foot fetish. Which really, went on for too long. The puss is just so realistic it makes you want to throw up. Then, when the confetti pops out, and the puss sprays all over Mr. Krabs, I was right about to change the channel. Then Mr. Krabs talks about workers' compensation, which is some adult term that should not be in an episode of Spongebob. The last part, Squidward violently bashes his head with the cash register, only to find out his shift ended two minutes ago. Really terrible episode overall, and I think the Nick censors just were not watching this episode. This episode is not funny, it is not good, it is not appropriate for kids. It's all just gross and disturbing.

0|10 Overall

OldFanNewSkeptic

Moby Dollar
I have seen the infamous "The Splinter episode", and let me just say...

THIS EPISODE IS ONE OF MY FAVORITES! :yahoo:

Where to begin?

Pros:
  • "Let me squish your head"
  • The splinter being slowly driven into Spongebob
  • Spongebob's skin falling off revealing his skeleton
  • Spongebob' face while crying in pain
  • "This garbage compost should help"
  • When the white pus comes out, then turns into a foul green color
  • "Third Leg" lol ::dolphin noise:: joke? nice
  • The final image of the thumb, with a huge vein. Not for the weak at heart. Followed by Mr. Krabs' reaction
Cons: None

I love this episode! 11/10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have seen the infamous "The Splinter episode", and let me just say...

THIS EPISODE IS ONE OF MY FAVORITES! :yahoo:

Where to begin?

Pros:
  • "Let me squish your head"
  • The splinter being slowly driven into Spongebob
  • Spongebob's skin falling off revealing his skeleton
  • Spongebob' face while crying in pain
  • "This garbage compost should help"
  • When the white pus comes out, then turns into a foul green color
  • "Third Leg" lol ::dolphin noise:: joke? nice
  • The final image of the thumb, with a huge vein. Not for the weak at heart. Followed by Mr. Krabs' reaction
Cons: None

I love this episode! 11/10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old fan new skeptic, huh? :prop:

Back