169b. Planet of the Jellyfish

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.

Premiere date: Sat, 31st march, 10:00am
Synopsis: When an evil Jellien overlord replaces everyone in Bikini Bottom with clones, it's up to SpongeBob and Sandy to defeat him!

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
It wasn't quite as gross as the promo made out, which I suppose is a positive. It was still pretty weird, though.
Main points:
- Spongebob's jellyfishing glasses are back! YAY! (Possibly my favourite thing about the episode.)
- Could the mayo squirting scene have been any more suggestive? Maybe I just have a dirty mind ...
- *11 minutes later* - "... and that's why we're covered in goo!" made me laugh.
- HOLD THE MAYO. BLARG.

Jibbix

Balloon Traveler
It wasn't quite as gross as the promo made out, which I suppose is a positive. It was still pretty weird, though.
Main points:
- Spongebob's jellyfishing glasses are back! YAY! (Possibly my favourite thing about the episode.)
I noticed that too! It was pretty awesome. The episode wasn't quite as weird as I thought it would've been, but it moved pretty quickly, I thought. Maybe it's because I missed the first few seconds of the episode, but I had no idea where the Jellyfish came from. Why were they destroyed by Mayonaise? It was just weird. Only a few jokes here, but it was an alright episode. It felt like Spongebob's take on a horror movie. I liked it enough.

Did anyone catch who Storyboard Directed/Wrote the episode? I missed seeing the title card.

Cha

I love SBM
I watched this twice this morning. :P

I liked the idea of the episode but there weren't that many suprises. If they went to another planet and/or found where the main alien came from in the first place, I would have liked that. I liked when Sandy was tickling SpongeBob and when he got slapped. A few gags I liked in this episode. I thought the story was pretty well, but it felt kind of short.

B

SBManiac!!!!!!

welp bye lol
To be honest, I actually liked this episode. As you guys pointed out, it wasn't as gross as it could've been. There were also moments that actually made me laugh, and the newer episodes hardly are able to do so. In retrospect, though, I do see your point in how the origins of the Jellien should've been better explained. All in all, a good Season 8 episode. 8.5/10

Jibbix

Balloon Traveler
I'm pretty sure Mr Lawrence was one of the writers. Not quite sure who the other two were, though.
I got it, DMAP. Luke Brookshier, Marc Ceccareli, and Mr. Lawrence. The same team that wrote Bubble Buddy Returns. That's probably the only reason we got the "Eleven Minutes Later" exchange, and why Spongebob's glasses were here. Doug Lawrence loves referencing older stuff. Next to Paul Tibbitt, he's probably my favorite writer. Knowing that he wrote this episode makes me realize that this, in fact was a horror movie parody. It even had some references to "Invasion Of The Body Snatchers"!

Knowing Mr. Lawrence's writing style, it was only a matter of time before this episode happened. He likes aliens and stuff.

Cha

I love SBM
I got it, DMAP. Luke Brookshier, Marc Ceccareli, and Mr. Lawrence. The same team that wrote Bubble Buddy Returns. That's probably the only reason we got the "Eleven Minutes Later" exchange, and why Spongebob's glasses were here. Doug Lawrence loves referencing older stuff. Next to Paul Tibbitt, he's probably my favorite writer. Knowing that he wrote this episode makes me realize that this, in fact was a horror movie parody. It even had some references to "Invasion Of The Body Snatchers"!

Knowing Mr. Lawrence's writing style, it was only a matter of time before this episode happened. He likes aliens and stuff.

Did you notice the mail man called Squidward's last name wrong? :P Just like in the Great Snail Race.

Jibbix

Balloon Traveler
Did you notice the mail man called Squidward's last name wrong? :P Just like in the Great Snail Race.
That happened in "Are You Happy Now?" not Planet Of The Jellyfish, Unlimited. lol :P Don't worry, confusion happens to the best of 'em.

Cha

I love SBM
That happened in "Are You Happy Now?" not Planet Of The Jellyfish, Unlimited. lol :P Don't worry, confusion happens to the best of 'em.

Ahhh silly me. :P

Ugly Barnacle

I'm not really ugly, I just stink
I actually thought that this was a decent episode. It wasn't gross at all and it had a really unique plot. The best new episode I've seen since Mermaid Man Begins. I didn't really understand how the evil Jellyfish leader came to be, either. I loved seeing SpongeBob wearing his Jellyfishing glasses, the last time I remember him wearing them was "Stanley S. SquarePants" while reading the note from Uncle Sherm. And I even heard the song played all the time in the first season, like when SpongeBob wakes up in the first episode, played at the beginning of this episode. But anyways, this was a nice episode. 7.5/10 (really good for a post-movie episode, on my rating scale :naughty:)

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
I thought it was a pretty good episode... a parody of invasion of the body snatchers I guess

the best part:
M2l3V.png

SpongeRoadie UK

Vomit Boy
SpongeBob and SANDY?? not Patrick, nor Squidward??!!!!??!?

Someone's been listening to fans protests . . .

Still!Good on you Sandsters!

Powerstars

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Yeah, I liked this episode. It was certainly the better of the pair. Unfortunately, I didn't catch the jelly-fishing glasses. Sandy gets a rare appearance, which is always a plus, and overall, this episode is sort of a blend of the old and new styles. Mayonnaise is just so random and hilarious that it works. The things that the Jellians said were also random and hilarious. A minor gripe I have with the episode, is that Plankton doesn't appear. If they wanted to trap all the Bikini Bottomites, wouldn't they have gotten him too? Oh well, maybe he's just so small that they missed him. Well, overall:

Premise: 7/10
Execution: 8/10

Back to the level of Season 4-5, I see. The quality is coming back (Seasons 6-7 were a bit bland). Hopefully it won't be long 'till we get back to the level of quality in Seasons 1-3.

GoodNoodle

Bomb-Selling Pirate
This was a very interesting episode.
:spongebob: "AND SOME RANDOM GUY!"
Lol. 8/10.

Back