133b. Squidward in Clarinetland

DirtyDan

Giant Clam
Very bizzarre episode... It kinda freaks me out... Not much of a story... Just weird animation and creepy sounds...

DirtyDan

Giant Clam
OK, we get it! You hate post-movie episodes! Sheesh!
Well I do! I'm just sharing my opinion...

I must say that recently I've been learning to like them a bit more... Also, there is one post-movie episode that I actually kind of (liked) and that was Sand Castles in the Sand... How they are getting all intense and dramatic with sand castles. I actually found myself laughing a few times at that one...

Maybe because it reminded me of my own style of film making:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBET-6w5Q7o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy7mAaGCTEU

Sorry if I can get a bit extreme sometimes when talking about the post--movie episodes, I'll try not to anymore.

cwn

Porous Freak
I forgot to mention Squidward is a bit overreactive in this episode.

I liked this one a lot. Mostly because the style reminded me a lot of an episode of Courage the Cowardly Dog, a show that I am a fan of. I also like wacky and trippy scenes in shows, so this episode was kind of right up my alley. If you took Courage, Regular Show, and LSD (the video game for the PlayStation) and put them together, you'd get this episode. There were some things that I didn't like about this episode, like MoBros said, the episode does take awhile to actually get to Clarinetland, plus the episode scares me a bit, and I don't like getting scared.

8|10 Overall

OldFanNewSkeptic

Moby Dollar
for some reason this episode made me smile. maybe it was how spongebob kept making the locker bigger or bigger, or how he kept teasing Squidward. maybe it was the paranoia Squidward was having. maybe it was the giant eagle head (I swear I'm missing a reference here). maybe its the overall reference to alice in wonderland. but it makes me smile none the less. 9/10

hfjs

This episode is one I have a love/hate relationship with. I can think this episode is really underrated at times, but it is really really strange as well.

WOW. This episode was very interesting, funny and weird. It's definetly one of the best season 7 episodes. It was a great parody of Alice in Wonderland. I actually rated this episode 8/10 because I thought some parts were boring but I rewatched it again and there were no boring moments actually and there were no flaws in this episode. I wish we could see more of Clarinetland but It's okay. I really enjoyed watching this episode and there some funny moments in this episode like Mr. Krabs acting like a gorilla, one of SpongeBob's notes saying "Ooops! Did I say 1018*2-5? I meant 2019*3-E! Sorry" and the ending. It's another gem of season 7. 10/10

SecretBox

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I had a very strange relationship with this episode. The first time I saw it I would've given it a 6/10, the second time I would've gave it a 8/10, but now I think it's a perfect 10/10. Unlike One Coarse Meal and A Pal For Gary, this episode actually did a good job of making a darker episode and the humor really works. While some may complain that the Clarinetland scene was too short, I thought the build-up to it was great.

Growlie

Best Boy
Wouldn't have been funny if Squilliam appeared in Squidward's nightmare? I think that would've been better then the giant eagle head don't you think?

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
Growlie said:
Wouldn't have been funny if Squilliam appeared in Squidward's nightmare? I think that would've been better then the giant eagle head don't you think?
That would have been awesome. I just want to see more interaction between Squidward and Squilliam in general.

Growlie

Best Boy
HarryPotterLives said:
That would have been awesome. I just want to see more interaction between Squidward and Squilliam in general.
As much as I dislike Squilliam, I do agree, I just like their interaction to sorta like Plankton and Mr.Krabs. like Frenemies, we could have some episodes were their interaction wouldn't be rivalery for once.
Although, for this one episode, since it was Squidward's nightmare, what would be scarier then having his archenemy as a giant amoung the clarinets?

Back