Patrick's tooth

Supmandude

Squog
I remember a while ago there was a cover for a new DVD and everyone here seemed to be saying it sucked, because Patrick only had one tooth. Is there a hatred against this in the same way as SpongeBob's cheeks? I think Patrick is adorable with one tooth. Why the hate?

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
Patrick only having one tooth in certain shots; a lot of people think that it signifies that Patrick is going to do something stupid and obnoxious. Maybe MrEnter or PieGuyRulz mentioned it and now people latch onto it, I dunno.

Honestly, I think he looks cute when he's drawn like that. It's just a quirk of his character design that makes him look more infantile, and not always in a bad way. Like Spongebob's chubby cheeks.

200_s.gif

spongebob-squarepants-movie-movie-poster-2004-1020309911.jpg

8db5f0423554e9c13a942b3b2598ca54.jpg

98135e233bdb7d7b8dd4295025ebf713.jpg

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
BabySmitty said:
I agree! (And oh, he's got freckles!!)

Patrick Star is adorable.

49128a790ba9cff5261ce6da773e6ce9.jpg
Ohh! I just noticed that Patrick had the eye color (purple) around his pupil, but he doesn't have it as a grown up.... weird.

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
100-Percent-Spongy said:
Ohh! I just noticed that Patrick had the eye color (purple) around his pupil, but he doesn't have it as a grown up.... weird.
I don't think he has a canon eye color. In the comics, sometimes they're blue, sometimes they're green.

And people's eye colors sometimes change over time. My eyes used to be very blue but now they're gray and kind of green.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
I don't like it. Probably because it's something they started to use a lot more over time and therefore I associate it with bad episodes.

Buck teeth is SpongeBob's thing and I don't understand why they gave Patrick that characteristic too.

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
DadMom AngryPants said:
I don't like it. Probably because it's something they started to use a lot more over time and therefore I associate it with bad episodes.

Buck teeth is SpongeBob's thing and I don't understand why they gave Patrick that characteristic too.
IMO, it's cute when they do it but not ALL the time. In certain shots it looks really cute. The first movie had more or less constant goofy off-model poses, so it was funny. In pre-movie episodes it was used in moderation.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
I don't like it because it just doesn't fit him. The teeth just feels very off to me and I will never understand why they've started doing that.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
BabySmitty said:
I think they've been drawing him like that since season 1, though.
It wasn't a regular thing, though. They only used it for the occasional funny facial expression.

Back