Differences between Bikini Bottom & real life

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
Favorite Character
Squidward
So…we all know that Bikini Bottom is basically your average town but with a few minor differences here and there. I'm sure there are some major ones but I just can't think of any off the top of my head.

Anyways, one example would be:

Traffic Light
Bikini Bottom - Red & Green traffic signals. Signs that come out on red say 'STOP' and the the sign that comes out on green say 'GO'
Real life - Red, Yellow, Green traffic signals. No signs that come out.

What are some other differences that y'all have noticed?

Bikini Bottom: People aren't obese even though they regularly eat fast food.

Real Life: They do.

Bikini-Bottom-spongebob-squarepants-116963_1024_768.jpg

Bikini Bottom has:

Squirrels in Space Suits

A man with a starfish nose

A man who's name has Barnacle in it

MAN RAY

The ground of Bikini Bottom is likely more flat than a normal ocean floor.

Grubby Grouper said:
In Bikini Bottom trees need scuba gear to survive underwater

In real life they grow just fine without oxygen tanks or goggles
2c98ab35866d47b8266792b42f30c581.jpg

• The tallest buildings are only a couple stories high.
  • There are street posts that don't even have streets. (Hall Monitor)
  • There's a "snowy" mountain, a grassland, a beach, a forest resembling a jungle, AND an urban center all in the same city. Can't really think of a city in RL that has all of those.
  • The cars are almost always open, with the exception of the buses.
  • People tend not to have garages (so where do their cares go :sandyomg: )
  • Multiple different species live in one town and work (squids, octopi, many fish, shrimp, lobster) , unlike our societies where only humans work. (unless you live in Talkeetna, Alaska or something like that)
  • Buildings tend to move every single day. (does that count?)
  • The entire town's economical, cultural, and political stability is based on one monopoly of a restaurant: The Krusty Krab.
  • For the most part, the roads do not have painted lanes.
  • The terrain is mostly made of grainy sand, compared to grass or dirt.
  • Clouds.. what are those? Very rare.
  • There seems to only be one of each thing for the most part--court system, jail, retirement home--with few exceptions. (One of those being the normal hospital and the Weenie Hut Jr's Hospital)
  • The city is free religiously, but almost everyone believes in Neptune. (stretching it a bit?)
  • Very little vegetation naturally, and no seasonal variance except for the occasional snow.
  • Considering the population of the town and how it's relatively miniscule considering population density in the real world, you could say that traffic is at Pyongyang level.
  • Only place in the world where making an angry mob aroung someome's house doesn't cause any kind of police intervention.

Grubby Grouper said:
In Bikini Bottom trees need scuba gear to survive underwater

In real life they grow just fine without oxygen tanks or goggles
2c98ab35866d47b8266792b42f30c581.jpg
THIS is what I'm talking about. :sbthumbs:

E.V.I.L said:
  • The tallest buildings are only a couple stories high.
  • There are street posts that don't even have streets. (Hall Monitor)
  • There's a "snowy" mountain, a grassland, a beach, a forest resembling a jungle, AND an urban center all in the same city. Can't really think of a city in RL that has all of those.
  • The cars are almost always open, with the exception of the buses.
  • People tend not to have garages (so where do their cares go :sandyomg: )
  • Multiple different species live in one town and work (squids, octopi, many fish, shrimp, lobster) , unlike our societies where only humans work. (unless you live in Talkeetna, Alaska or something like that)
  • Buildings tend to move every single day. (does that count?)
  • The entire town's economical, cultural, and political stability is based on one monopoly of a restaurant: The Krusty Krab.
  • For the most part, the roads do not have painted lanes.
  • The terrain is mostly made of grainy sand, compared to grass or dirt.
  • Clouds.. what are those? Very rare.
  • There seems to only be one of each thing for the most part--court system, jail, retirement home--with few exceptions. (One of those being the normal hospital and the Weenie Hut Jr's Hospital)
  • The city is free religiously, but almost everyone believes in Neptune. (stretching it a bit?)
  • Very little vegetation naturally, and no seasonal variance except for the occasional snow.
  • Considering the population of the town and how it's relatively miniscule considering population density in the real world, you could say that traffic is at Pyongyang level.
  • Only place in the world where making an angry mob aroung someome's house doesn't cause any kind of police intervention.
Can you go into more detail and just do 'sea life vs real life' differences with each point instead of one long thing? Like what I did in the first post. :)

There's no sidewalk, it seems that most people walks on the road. Also the roads are so small that it looks like it could only fit one vehicle. Also some buildings appears to be isolated from other building and not having any road access. And finally the buildings are just plopped randomly with no regards of zoning.

E.V.I.L said:
To be fair, Neptune is a physical god that visits his masses occasionally, so not believing in him pretty much is suicidal.

They have flowers in the sky, Strangely. While we have clouds.

I hope this wasn't a bad bump.

iedasb said:
The houses are very different from our houses...
Would you go into more detail of this, please? :)

Back