• Hi, Guest! Tuesday, November 5, 2024 is Election Day in the U.S.
    If you are eligible, please vote! Your vote matters! To find out how to vote in your state, visit Vote.org or Vote.gov.

SpongeBob Theme Song origin

Wow... I don't think I've ever made those two connections before...

Never really could figure out exactly, but I guess I can make a little connection.

Interesting! I don't think I would have been able to make the connection either. The theme song is like a more upbeat version of this.

I knew I recognized it from somewhere else on the show but I couldn't think of this
I'm pretty sure there's a point where Mr. Krabs was humming this too
The Krusty Krab Training Video and Wet Painters if you were interested in knowing. :shiftysponge:

CowBob RanchPants said:
The Krusty Krab Training Video and Wet Painters if you were interested in knowing. :shiftysponge:
I think it was only Wet Painters where Mr. Krabs was humming it before he entered his house. I don't remember KKTV having Mr. Krabs humming.

DadMom AngryPants said:
He sings it as a kid in the clip where he tricks the soda machine.
Oh, now I remember. Thank you.

This song is good, is there anymore Spongebob based on sea shanty like this?

BubbleBud said:
I still don't see the connection.
The tune for "I'll sing you a song, a good song of the sea" is extremely similar to "Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?"

DadMom AngryPants said:
The tune for "I'll sing you a song, a good song of the sea" is extremely similar to "Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?"
A little, but only by a small margin. I wouldn't say extremely.

The structure in the vocal melodies are different. The music behind the vocals? Kinda similar but more slower and in a different key. Still, nothing striking to be compared to the theme song. I honestly doubt the theme came from this.

A little, but only by a small margin. I wouldn't say extremely.

The structure in the vocal melodies are different. The music behind the vocals? Kinda similar but more slower and in a different key. Still, nothing striking to be compared to the theme song. I honestly doubt the theme came from this.

Of course they changed it up , it's not really a direct parody of Blow the Man Down, but it's clearly inspired by it and sea shanties in general.

Back