Halibut's Top 20 Worst Episodes!

Sweat

Banished
Yeah, my top 100 had an immediate stop due to me getting a new computer and losing all of my previous data. Of course, some people are probably left at a cliffhanger, so I'll make it up to all of you. I'll be doing a top 20 worst episodes! You're lucky I'm doing this.

300px-Squidward%27s_School_for_Grown-Ups.jpg

I can't stand this episode. And believe it or not, it's not just SpongeBob I have a problem with like a lot of people that don't like this episode have. It's a bit more than that. Yes, SpongeBob is a complete idiot in this episode, don't get me wrong. His childishness is exaggerated to the point where I can't stand him at all. I am used to SpongeBob's childishness, but this is just unacceptable. Guess what, there's ANOTHER character I hate: Squidward. Yup, you probably didn't expect that, but yeah, I REALLY hate Squidward in this episode. You know why? I am just as annoyed by over-adultness as I am with over-childishness. My hugest pet peeve is when an adult acts super sophisticated and doesn't want to bother him/herself with anything even close to childish. That makes me hate Squidward a lot in this episode. I can't blame Patrick for being so confused in this episode. The ending sucks, too. A sea urchin? Well, that's a very bummer ending if you ask me.

300px-GetAttachment.jpg

This is Squidward abuse to the next level. You know what, the Squidward abuse has been talked about to death in this episode, even though I really want to talk about Squidward getting stung in the tongue by a jellyfish. I'm gonna go ahead and talk about how cheesy and stupid this episode really is. I'm not the kind of person who hates an episode just by Squidward abuse. The extra mile has to be taken, and this episode does just that. This episode is EXTREMELY undone. First of all, where did this lodge come from? It's just out of nowhere like that. Second of all, the squid designs, like I said, are some of the ugliest things I've seen on the show ever. I just can't stand them. Third of all, the way they assembled the episode is just horrible. How did SpongeBob and Patrick even go into the lodge when there was a door guard? It's just ten times worse when SpongeBob and Patrick use a giant sock to be a giant albino eel. Then, they scare the other squids. Squidward pretends to kill the 'eel,' and the lodgemates bring him back. Sadly, SpongeBob and Patrick REVEAL THEMSELVES again! This episode is just horrible. Absolutely horrible.

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
20. One of the weirdest, most bizarre SpongeBob plots ever. I'm considering making it an honorable mention.
19. Been a while since I watched it but Squidward does suffer a lot here. I think I said it was a really mediocre episode. Giant sock part made me laugh though.

SpongeRoadie UK

Vomit Boy
Squidward's School For Grown-Ups couldn't manage it's integral characterizations.

Cephalopod Lodge is just hopeless.

Sweat

Banished
300px-Prehibernation_Week.jpg

Yes, a pre-movie episode on this list. And believe it or not, this is one of TWO pre-movie episodes on this list! The next one will be coming up soon. First, though, let's discuss this abomination from before the movie. Sandy is just bad in the episode. It begins not too bad with the dangerous stuff, but it goes into the gutter when SpongeBob hides under Patrick's rock. That's when Sandy goes BERZERK! She rips the town apart, disregarding everyone else's lives, just simply trying to find SpongeBob. I get that she's trying to make her time full before she has to hibernate, but she takes it too far. Finally, Squidward decides to show Sandy where SpongeBob is. Now this is where the stinger is. Sandy pulls SpongeBob's arm, and she lets go because SpongeBob really needs to say something. SpongeBob finally stands up for himself and gets mad at Sandy for ripping him apart using extreme sports. A good episode would have Sandy respond in some way. NOPE! Instead, Sandy drops right into hibernation and falls asleep while he's talking. Wow, just wow. That's just a HORRIBLE way to end an episode that's basically SpongeBob abuse.

300px-Keep_Bikini_Bottom_Beautiful.jpg

You know what position this episode was going to be in my original 100 worst? #3. There are a few reasons why it changed position. First of all, I took into consideration that Squidward won in this episode. That's a good thing. Another thing I took in consideration is, I watched the episode again, and SpongeBob really wasn't abusing Squidward. SpongeBob maybe made mistakes in the episode, but he was trying to help Squidward, and he DID appreciate it. That doesn't excuse everything else, though. The officer makes me extremely mad. WHY IS THIS GUY A POLICE OFFICER!? Seriously, I want to know. This guy is so stuck-up on litter, it's unbelievable. And of course, Squilliam has to have cleaned up Bikini Bottom in one week. You know what, I'm done with Squilliam. I hate him. He is so braggy and selfish when he could be helping others. Instead, he has his own statue! Seriously? My least favorite scene of the episode is the whole garbage house bit. I felt like throwing up watching Squidward wallow in garbage, drink garbage, eat garbage, etc. This episode has so many things wrong with it.

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
18. I always really liked this one as a kid and also puzzled as to how it's really qualified for the Top 20. Hmmmmmm. Maybe I'll rewatch it and have some fresh thoughts on this one.

17. If that running gag hadn't been there and if they had toned down the gross out stuff, I think this one would have been much better. It's really not the first episode I think of when I think of a really bad episode in all honesty.

Rewatching Cephalapod Lodge right now and basically all it is is just "Good Neighbors" set at a fraternity lodge and pretty boring besides for two parts I still liked (the part where Squidward asks SpongeBob if he was dropped as a baby and the giant sock part). Meh to this one really. I just can't muster up enough hate for it. Oh yeah, Richard Pursel seems to love pain. SIgh. I'm really considering making this one an honoraable mention because besides for that, it's really a carbon copy of that episode with a few changes.

#18 WHAT? This is one of my favorite episodes ever.
#17 I like this one actually but I can understand why you hate it.

More

VIP
20. This is a guilty pleasure of mine
19. This one is awful and just missed my list
18. I'm glad you put a pre-movie episode on here, but I love this Pre (Hibernation Week) It's all cartoon logic that you're complaining about.
17. This one is abysmal and part of the worst pairing in the show

Karen 5000

Is it Rainbow Crash or Rainbow Dash?
18. I liked this episode. And Sandy is too rushed up, that is great. And this episode is near my birthday (if I was born before)8.5/10
17. I didn't really like this episode. But I liked these parts:
Spongebob placed Squidward's house on top of his garbage house.
Spongebob built Squidward a statue of himself made of stinky garbage. 6.5/10

Sweat

Banished
I made Animated Atrocity pages for the 4 episodes. You'll see that KBB has a lower score than the ones with a lower position, and that's because I hate more than just what has to be judged on the template.

squidward_s_school_for_grown_ups_by_sketchydumbass-d7g12zg.png

cephalopod_lodge_by_sketchydumbass-d7g11ue.png

prehibernation_week_by_sketchydumbass-d7g146z.png

keep_bikini_bottom_beautiful_by_sketchydumbass-d7g15dv.png

More

VIP
A Life in a Day is awesome! Completely disagree

Little Yellow Book is the only truly bad Season 9 episode (unless I re-watch Squid Baby and hate it)

More

VIP
The Main Drain is bad but not top 20 worthy. Are You Happy Now? is.

Back