• In an effort to mitigate against spambots and weak passwords, we're implementing two-factor authentication. The set-up process should be automatic and simple.
    Please contact the staff if you have problems. More information in this thread. Thank you!

Homestuck's Top 20 Worst Spongebob Episodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homie

get outer my space!
Most people know that Spongebob is a show that has had a serious decline in quality since it's initial 3 seasons. Most episodes ever since the movie have been either boring, insulting, and in some cases even offensive. Which is why I have decided that I would rank my top 20 worst episodes of Spongebob.

Pre-List Honorable Mentions:

Funny Pants

Karate Island

The Thing

Waiting

Boat Smarts

Breath of Fresh Squidward

A Flea in Her Dome

Spongehenge

Slide Whistle Stooges

Spongebob Squarepants vs The Big One

Cephalopod Lodge

Pineapple Fever

Clash of Triton

A Day Without Tears

The Main Drain

Trenchbillies

Krusty Dogs

House Sittin' for Sandy

Are You Happy Now?

Homie

get outer my space!
Boating.jpg
#20 - Boating Buddies
Season: 6
Writers: Aaron Springer, Richard Pursel
SBmania Rating: 3.0​
What better way to start off this list than with a Squidward Torture ::dolphin noise::? This one is particularly infamous, which I always thought was strange as I don't find this to be the worst of them. But that definitely does not mean this qualifies as a good episode AT ALL. I always assumed this one was infamous due to Mobros putting it as #2 on his list, or maybe even just for this face alone...​
Creepy_SpongeBob_Face.png
That ALONE makes this episode one of the creepiest in the entire show (barring Gone.) I always found Spongebobs... unhealthy addiction with Squidward to be unsettling, so in an episode like this, it's horrifying. I always found this episode to also be terrible because of how lazy it is... the basic formula to an episode like this is basically just
Squidward Gets Injured​
Squidward Gets Mentally Tortured​
Squidward Loses in the End​
And thats really it. Use those steps and you get every Squidward torture ::dolphin noise:: ever, basically. But I found this episode ESPECIALLY bad because it added "be creepy" to the list. Oh, and Squidwards get up for no reason other than to beat him, and Spongebob is obnoxiously oblivious, as always.​
Worst Part of the Episode: Squidward is Sentenced to Another Week of Boating School​
Overall Rating: 1.5/10​

DiabolicalGenius

Mad Scientist/ Evil Genius
I'm having more memories again- I think the box-set for that episode came out about the same Christmas as The Muppet Show Season 2 and I've got to admit The Muppet Show was WAY better.
1) Because I was new to it
2) Because of episodes like this one
I'm not that big a fan of Season 6. But at least it's not as bad as Season 5. *shudders*

More

VIP
If I were to extend my Worst List, Boating Buddies would make the low 30's.

Homie

get outer my space!
Face_Freeze.png
#19 - Face Freeze!
Season: 8
Writers: Casey Alexander, Zeus Cervas, Doug Lawrence
SBmania Rating: 6.6

This is one of the few Season 8 gross out episodes. Pretty much everyone who knows about bad Spongebob episodes knows about this one. If I could describe it in one word, it would be lazy. Pretty much 60% of the episode of this episode is them making stupid faces. When they are not making stupid faces, they are being horrible idiots! Nothing about this episodes plot really makes sense. It really is shocking that they actually did an episode like this. How did they think that this would be a good idea?
Spongebobfacefreeze6.jpg

The least horrifying face in this episode.

So yeah, when they aren't being gross they're being lazy. That... really is all there is to say about this one. It's awful and most people know that it is. To me, this episode is the worst of the episodes that run their one joke into the ground (Slide Whistle Stooges came close though.)

Worst Part of the Episode: Spongebob & Patrick Trying Out Face Freeze!
Overall Rating: 1.35

More

VIP
BURN FACE FREEZE TO THE GROUND! Well, no, but that episode is disqualified from my lists.

Homie

get outer my space!
HouseFancy.png
#18 - House Fancy
Writers: Aaron Springer, Dani Michaeli
SBmania Rating: 6.2

House Fancy is another useless Squidward Torture Episode that only really exists to turn the entire world against Squidward and make everything horrible for him. But this time, there's a twist - Squid actually wins in the end. I don't why he does, since in the original ending he loses, but it doesn't help a bad episode get any better.

The episode begins with some nice filler showcasing Squilliams house, and Squidward watches with envy. Squidward tells the guys at House Fancy that his house is much fancier than Squilliams, and they tell Squidward that they will arrive soon. Meanwhile, Spongebob is STALKING Squidward, and tells him that he heard that he is gonna be on a TV.

So, we've got this episodes premise. And yeah, I think it's pretty bad. So, Spongebob messes everything up, and Patrick gets involved for the sole purpose of torturing Squidward. This should be fun.

Oh, and then we got the AWFUL toenail scene. Not even going to discuss that here, but it's the only reason it's on the list. Yes, horrid grossout humor put an otherwise boring episode in my Top 20. Ugggh.

Worst Part of the Episode: Toenail
Episode Rating: 1.25

Boo, I love House Fancy. I think the episode is interesting, some parts are funny and the ending rocks. I admit that the toenail scene was gross though.

Homie

get outer my space!
Planktonregular.jpg
#17 - Planktons Regular
Writers: Casey Alexander, Zeus Cervas, Dani Michaeli
SBmania Rating: 4.1

And now we get to the episodes that I truly despise in the series, starting with Plankton's Regular. This episode is the definition of mean-spirited and shows that, for the most part, the writers have no idea how to actually write an ending. This episode just has a mess of weak jokes and weak storytelling that comes together at the end to form a monster of horrors. I like to call this one One Coarse Meal: The Prequel.

The episode begins with a customer named Nat Peterson coming into the Chum Bucket and tasting the chum. He seems to like it, and so he comes back every day to get more. Meanwhile, Spongebob and Krabs are jealous of Plankton and try to get Nat to eat a Krabby Patty with some weak jokes.
Watch_out.jpg

Krabs, in all his flanderization, decides that Plankton is not aloud to have ANY customers and says that he needs to steal the secret recipe for chum. When he tries, though, his attempt is thwarted by the alarm. They talk about the irony of the situation and it's funny by new Spongebob standards.

And then... the ending. Nat comes back to the chum bucket, tells Plankton that his chum made him sick twice, and leaves, as well as revealing that Karen was just paying the guy so that Plankton would not complain about how little customers he has. Because of this, Plankton begins to cry, and Krabs begins to LAUGH. This really is One Coarse Meal: The Prequel! Then, the episode ends. Yeah, that's all that happens. The episode ends with Plankton crying.

Add that to the list.

TOP 5 WORST SPONGEBOB ENDINGS:
5. Plankton's Regular
4. ??????????
3. ?????????
2. ?????????
1. ??????????

Worst Part of the Episode: The Ending
Overall Rating: 1.15

More

VIP
I hate all of these episodes.

Boating Buddies is at 32, House Fancy at 29, and Planktons Regular at 21. Face Freeze is not qualified for a spot on my list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back