Old Spongebob VS New Spongebob pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Hello everyone,

I'm not a post movie hater (i like both pre and post movie episodes). I think only the pictures are funny. If you have such pictures (or other in some case) put it here.

spongebob_vs__spongebob_by_fantasyfreak_fangirl-d5taw7v.png
what_have_i_become__by_ross07cameroon-d4qoef8.png
old_spongebob_has_a_message_for_new_spongebob____by_somefagnamedjack-d6g0rec.jpg
_s1__ep_5__top_20_worst_spongebob_episodes__part_2_by_blu3danny-d5lx1q0.png
Spongebob+%2528New+%2526+Old%2529.jpg
663721-eLaBLO9HvObU6N3d.jpg

I know you are not a post-movie hater but can't you please post pictures of old spongebob is great, new spongebob sucks pictures? I respect post-movie haters' opinions but It's getting very old. Plus, those pictures are not funny in my opinion.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
The original Old SpongeBob vs New SpongeBob comparison:

au6Xwew.jpg

The characters have been through a lot of changes, even in the early seasons. There's a big difference between S1 and S3's look. It irks me a little that people use SpongeBob's weird S6 look to represent "new SpongeBob" as a whole when for the majority of post-movie episodes he hasn't looked like that. The movie and S4 had a distinct, loose style. S5 I think was very close to the pre-movie look. In S7-9 SpongeBob is more rectangular. And I have no doubt that there will be further evolution as the series continues.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
I <3 ooooooofy said:
Lol, I'd take an annoying child over a psycho killer who kills annoying children with hammers. :facepalm:
Seriously. They're not exactly making a good point when they portray Old SpongeBob as a brooding, unfriendly jerk or hammer-wielding maniac. That's certainly not the Old SpongeBob I know. :P

DadMom AngryPants said:
Seriously. They're not exactly making a good point when they portray Old SpongeBob as a brooding, unfriendly jerk or hammer-wielding maniac. That's certainly not the Old SpongeBob I know. :p
Well, I don't know. He went a biiiiiittt crazy in Ugh... but other than that, he doesn't kill annoying people. Or flip them off.

Cha

I love SBM
Seriously. They're not exactly making a good point when they portray Old SpongeBob as a brooding, unfriendly jerk or hammer-wielding maniac. That's certainly not the Old SpongeBob I know. :P
They're making him a grumpy old Squidward and nobody wants to be a Squidward.

Let's not be Negative Nancys with these pictures, it feels like more post movie unwanted hate. :p

CowBob RanchPants said:
They're making him a grumpy old Squidward and nobody wants to be a Squidward.

Let's not be Negative Nancys with these pictures, it feels like more post movie unwanted hate. :p
Please, I don't see Squidward kill people with hammers and flip people off. @_@

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
The first one is pretty funny.

The second one is the best, however. It really shows how different SpongeBob was when he became weirder, but he doesn't have that look anymore, and with that being said, people apparently think SpongeBob still looks like how he did in season 6. Other than that, it's the best out of all of them, and is very well drawn.

The third one, I don't like. It seems too mean-spirited, and makes me see "old" SpongeBob as a jerk.

The fourth... that isn't a "new" SpongeBob vs. "old" SpongeBob picture.

The fifth one used to be true: SpongeBob just laughs obnoxiously. But, I don't see SpongeBob like that anymore. He's becoming a good, decent, and likable character, again.

The sixth one, makes me angry. Once again, it doesn't show how much better "old" SpongeBob is compared to the "new" at all. It just makes "old" SpongeBob look mean-spirited again, and it looks too sloppy.

So, the only ones out of these I can tolerate is the first, second, and fourth.

11th

Moby Dollar
My contribution:

SBSP Season 1 Styles 11-17-13.png

Not the most accurate drawings, but they'll do. The point is that, especially with hand-drawn animated shows, there is bound to be some sort of style shift over time. Season one had the biggest shift from start to finish out of all of them, and no one seems to complain about it. I'm not going to say that everything has changed for the best. (I have my fair share of complaints, though a good part of it has to do with digital animation as a whole and not just SpongeBob.) It isn't exactly a new thing, though, and people should stop acting like it all happened at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back