The Cool Test : SpongeBob SquarePants

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpongeRoadie UK

Vomit Boy
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2168343/Scientists-crack-code-makes-cool--isnt-think.html

So yeah, as I found out. Apparently some boffins conducted a study into whether or not, Steve Buscemi is cool. To be honest I wasn't expecting an A plus for Mr. Buscemi. But this gave me an idea. How about I study into whether or not SpongeBob SquarePants and co. are cool? What could possibly go wrong? Also, apparently their study found that cool equates to being good looking, a high-achiever, friendly, trendy, confident, having a sense of humour and even volunteering to help in society. So I’ll conduct SBSP's cool test on those factors. :naughty: The main point is that throughout this project I'm going to try and find out who is the coolest main character in SpongeBob SquarePants!

670px-6%2C667%2C0%2C360-Slider3_-_Episode.png

The cast to test (L to R) : The Green Hornet, The Pillock, The Cube, The Cowgirl, The Moneymaker, or The Underachiever?
The nicknames are not copyrighted. Feel free to use!

Let's begin!

IS SPONGEBOB COOL?
200px-SpongeBob_SquarePants.svg.png

Test 1 : TRENDINESS

133px-SBi19.png

Everything looks okay. The cute red tie, belt and those 'tennis' shoes are nerdy. Striped socks looks cool. Short sleeves looks good. Those shorts however . . .

Score : 4/10

Test 2 : LOOKS

180px-SBi20.png

Most people would say he's cute. Long nose like a Swede, freckles like my girlfriend's, eyelashes looking great and a well groomed teeth. But what gets most people are those big blue eyes. This fanfic I found (first chapter), although exaggerated, seems to tell most of the story; http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7637032/1/Sixty-Spandy-Shots

Score : 9/10

Test 3 : ACHIEVEMENTS

180px-5897564654.PNG

So yeah, he got thousands of awards, but he spent most of his adult live cooking for an overachieving restaurant with a ridiculously low amount of profit. Yet he's still happy.

Score : 7/10

Test 4 : FRIENDLINESS

180px-Spongebob_%26_6_Bubbles_With_The_Following_Characters_Patrick%2C_Plankton%2C_Squidward%2C_Mr._Krabs%2C_Sandy%2C_%26_Gary.jpg

Duh.

Score : 10/10

Test 5 : CONFIDENCE

180px-065.PNG

Bobby here is a down-to-the-earth lad. A perfect illustration of complete innocence. Sometimes he wondered how great the others are compared to him (Jim, for example) .However, he shows confidence all the time. As he is optimistic. He is also known to be arrogant only in front of Sandy, for reasons I couldn't really projected. Is this just some guy in a puppy love drama trying to tell the girl "I'm cool"?

Score : 8/10

Test 6 : SENSE OF HUMOUR

162px-SQ4.jpg

Spongy's acts are always hilarious, no doubt. It's what makes this show great. However, for a number of times, he has showed us some really obvious signs of a bad sense of humour. In Squirrel Jokes, he proceeded to mock his best friend. Only to miraculously perform like Russell Howard in the end.

The less said about Funny Pants, the better.

Score : 6/10

Final Test : INVOLVEMENTS IN SOCIETY

180px-Spongebob_at_the_window.jpg

SpongeBob saves Bikini Bottom in the movie. He is one caring bloke and that's not all. He visits the Shady Shoals, visits his friends a lot, serving the people of Bikini Bottom with good food and a smile.

TOTAL SCORE :
53/70
Next to test : Patrick Star (The deuteragonist)

Btw, my list will be up at around saturday-sunday

cwn

Porous Freak
In the "Friendliness" test, Spongebob is looking directly at Squidward's bubble with a heart abov his head. Squilliam's got some competition! Okay, I don't why I had the urge to post that, I'll stay on topic. Everything you said is pretty agreeable.

cwn said:
In the "Friendliness" test, Spongebob is looking directly at Squidward's bubble with a heart abov his head. Squilliam's got some competition! Okay, I don't why I had the urge to post that, I'll stay on topic. Everything you said is pretty agreeable.
<3 <3 <3

But honestly, IDGAF what some stupid quiz says, SpongeBob is the shizz in my opinion. :cool:

SpongeRoadie UK

Vomit Boy
Let's do another one!

IS PATRICK COOL?

200px-Patrick_Star.svg.png

180px-24.jpg

He doesn't wear a shirt.

Yeah.

Score : 2/10

180px-SB8.png

Patrick is adorable by many sayings. Everytime he puts that doofus smile with that buck tooth and his Indian eyebrows. He ain't ugly.

180px-BPL43.jpg

People who know the show also knows that the pink guy won't be getting anything on this category.

Score : 1/10

180px-The_Monster_Who_Came_To_Bikini_Bottom_10.png

Pat can make friends with a radioactive godzilla rip-off. Maybe it's idiocy that denies him being too annoying for anyone who enjoys fun routines.

180px-Ghoulfool56.JPG

Patrick is confident. Very confident, indeed. He mocked giant whelks in front of it. He led SB to many mischievous things because he thinks he's able to do so. He's even arrogant in some episodes. Annoyingly arrogant sometimes.

151px-Patrick-best-photos-patrick-star-spongebob-2746161-271-322.jpg

Without a single of a doubt, Patrick Star is the funniest character in SB. Unlike SB, his act is not paired with horrible stand-up skills. His utter somplex stupidity is what makes Patrick so lovable back on the Hillenburg era.

180px-SpongeBob%2C_Patrick%2C_and_Patty_Rechid.png

Pat helps SB to save the town from Plankton. The rest is nothing. He stays out everyone's way.

TOTAL SCORE :

44/70

Next to test : Sandy Cheeks (The smurfette principal)

Coolness standings :

1. SquarePants (76% cool)
2. Star (63% cool)

cwn

Porous Freak
I'm guessing Sandy will fall a bit behind Pat because she's okay in almost every category, confidence is much too high considering her sin is pride, sense of humor is incredibly low, but clothes are trendy.

SpongeRoadie UK

Vomit Boy
The Texas Tornado is next to be tested!

IS SANDY COOL?

150px-Sandy_Cheeks.svg.png

133px-SandraCheeks.jpg

As far as I'm concerned, Sandy is the trendiest critter in the whole of Bikini Bottom. She's the only one using a helmet, and an awesome space suit (*cough* hipster *cough*). Sandy's treedome outfit is also very ... uhh ... hot. Is that the right word?

117px-Images_%2833%29.jpg

Her official biography states that she is "the apple of SpongeBob's eye". And since we've find out that Bobby's cool, this means Sandy is attractive indeed. He mentioned that Sandy is "the smartest, prettiest squirrel in Bikini Bottom" in one short. In fact, Omair had a massive crush on her! Don't take my word for it : http://www.sbmania.net/forums/topic/33385-ask-any-spongebob-character-a-question/page-2#entry563260

170px-Capture2.jpg

She's a determined girl, yes. She's also an inventor, a scientist. Being able to invent so many and to create so many is an amorous achievement. And as shown in "Krabby Kronicle" she's got numerous awards. And unlike SB, her job is actually worthwhile with a proper contract and pay-rise.

170px-Dmdmdmdmdmdmdm.jpg

Just to solidify proof of her friendliness, Sandy's two best friends are both a mentally-ill starfish and genius ditz of a sponge. Yet she lived her life with them happily. Hanging out, playing and helping each other out. Squidward on the other hand . . .

170px-Sandy_%26_Reg.jpg

The thing about Sandy is that she's borderline arrogant. She believes that she puts the k in karate. She believes that she is the strongest critter in BB. And she believes that SB's butt is her property. But she is a gentlewoman. Smart enough to concede that she's wrong and admitting her mistake.

170px-Images_%288%29.jpg

She's not funny. That's her only downside. Her electric acts were always enjoyable and exciting to watch, but I never really laughed at one of her jokes. She seemed to be funny if she acted like the exact opposite of amusing.

170px-KrabbyKronicle5.PNG

Obviously, her inventions and scientific experiments must come to an avail. For that effort of producing the society with new inventions, she got herself a high point. She's everyone's scientist. She's not a mad scientist (unlike that green guy)

TOTAL SCORE :

59/70

Next to test : Squidward Tentacles (The bolton wanderer)

Coolness standings :

1. Cheeks (84% cool)
2. SquarePants (76% cool)
3. Star (63% cool)

cwn

Porous Freak
And I completely disagree with a almost everything you said in this one. Oh well. Gary=Coolest Character Ever=Treats!

Cha

I love SBM
cwn said:
"I LIEK SQUIDWARD"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back