After leaving Netflix, SpongeBob makes Amazon Prime his new streaming home

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.

As you may have heard by now, Netflix recently decided not to renew their contract with Viacom and therefore lost the streaming rights for popular Nickelodeon shows such as SpongeBob.

Amazon today announced a new multi-year licensing agreement, an expansion of their previous deal with Viacom, to bring the shows lost by Netflix to their own instant streaming service, Amazon Prime.

Amazon's press release.

Jibbix said:
Hopefully they'll have episodes that go past Season 5 this time.
Looking at the SpongeBob page on Amazon it looks like the episodes available on Prime only go up to Season 4 right now. I don't know how many episodes they had before, if it's changed at all or if they have updated it yet, but hopefully they do add more. They say they've "increased by 55% the number of episodes available to top Prime shows for kids like SpongeBob SquarePants, Dora the Explorer, Blue’s Clues, iCarly and more" but that's kind of vague.

I honestly didn't know that Amazon Prime existed until now. :P I might still have Netflix; guess it doesn't matter now.

This explains why I couldn't find Spongebob on my Netflix suggestions the other night.

Kind of dumb, if you ask me. Netflix should have ponied up. ;(

Netflix had the first 100 episodes, basically. Up to the end of season 5.
Amazon Prime has up to end of season 4.

They better bring newer episodes :\

I have Netflix....so you know, it's all tears and sobs now.

But on the bright side, I have an excuse to watch that First 100 Episodes collection I got the first weekend at Walmart for nearly a hundred bucks :P :P

I have Netflix only Boo Hoo but at least I can still watch Phineas and Ferb, Adventure Time, Regular Show, and Dreamworks Tv specials

I just saw a commercial that just said: "Now you could stream SpongeBob on Amazon Prime!" with the logo on a blank screen. That's the first time I heard of it. I may get it, because they might add Seasons 6 and up.
So there is no way that you can buy every episode ever.
I know a site called watchcartoononline.com (bad grammar, much?) where you can stream a ton of TV cartoons and anime(Including every episode of each). It has Adventure Time, Regular Show, etc. But SpongeBob only has the first 3 and some of 4 (bonus for hillenburg fanboys) so that sucks. I'll stick with TV currently.

Back